Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 10:48:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHappy Path - GGJ2011
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Happy Path - GGJ2011  (Read 1017 times)
KoryWazHere
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »

This year I took part in Global Game Jam 2011 at Birmingham University hosted by IndieCity.

This is my game: http://www.thefunkvan.com/

For a while now I've wanted to experiment with narrative game design. Using the world to tell a story and breaking the 4th wall. Also speed modelling and texturing. I pretty much got to do it all with this project and am really happy with the results.

Created using Unity 3D, Blender 3d and photoshop...2D ;P

Enjoy :D

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:59:10 AM by KoryWazHere » Logged

Indie 4 Life
KoryWazHere
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

The video walkthrough is now up on YouTube just incase you have trouble running it on your pc or (more likely) if all of your fingers are broken and you find it difficult to play the game with your toes Grin

Warning: Spoilers

Indie 4 Life
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 01:34:44 AM »

Surprisingly well paced and generally charming, though I didn't think the profanity was all that necessary. Ending was a bit of an anti-climax, relying more on an indie game pop culture reference than on anything you built up within the game itself. Still, I enjoyed it for what it's worth.

KoryWazHere
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »

Thanks for checking it out  Coffee

As for the MineCraft reference I needed to get the message across quickly and wanted it to be humorous. With the short time span I felt like this was the slickest option. Given more time I would definitely have gone for something more original.

I'm surprised how many people complain about the profanity. When a game is about killing everything in sight nobody says a word, drop in a dirty word and you never hear the end of it Tongue I wonder why that is?

Indie 4 Life
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic