Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411659 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 01:42:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEVILBOTS
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EVILBOTS  (Read 898 times)
Vartagh
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »

Hi guys,
i just released my last little platform...
give me some feedback please! =)

you can play it here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/563721
Ice Water Games
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »

Hi!

I love the graphic of the main character. Overall, cute visual aesthetic.

The sounds are nice and kind of complementary, but I think they could be a little bit more emphatic: They were quiet compared to the menu music, and that took me off guard. If they maybe were a little bit more jarring occasionally, it would have caught my attention better as to when things were happening, especially hitting enemies.

It would be nice if there was some graphical or otherwise suggestion that when you shoot a robot the first time, it IS damaged, but that you will have to shoot it a little more. There isn't really much suggestion of this, and it took me a while to figure out that my first shots weren't ineffectual, but it just took two shots to kill them.

I'm not much of a platformer person myself, so maybe I can't speak to level design much, but there were points when, for me, it was a tad bit frustrating.

It was a little bit weird to see that when I died the level didn't change, but I'm not against that necessarily.

It bothered me how, at least when I was playing it (and maybe this was just a little bit of loading time) it faded to black briefly after I died, especially since the level didn't reset or anything. It just felt like a little bit of unnecessary down-time, when I wanted to get back to the figuring out how to progress from where I had been.

I didn't complete it, but like I said, I'm not big on platformers in general. However, the game was cute, nice job. Hope my feedback was helpful.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »

The graphics are really cute, although the heavily aliased background didn't seem like it fit in with the crisply pixeled foreground.

Played a bit, but the level design was far too unfair and frustrating. You have a solid engine and graphical style, but the level design could use some work. For instance, the second level begins with you dropping onto a platform with two patrolling robots on it that you can't even see until you fall while being shot at by an offscreen turret. It didn't feel like the green laser turrets fired in predictable intervals, which made the beginning to the fourth level where you had to duck into gaps placed into the floor feel very luck-based, as the firing frequency didn't always leave you enough time to reach the next gap, but the player has no way of knowing this beforehand.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic