Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411663 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:01:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[WIP Thread] (Yet Another...) ZOMBIE SHOOTER!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [WIP Thread] (Yet Another...) ZOMBIE SHOOTER!  (Read 1103 times)
Phobos001
Level 0

WEEEEEEEEEE

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »

Hello, fellow members! I have created (and still working on, feedback would be great!) a small game, called "Yet Another Zombie Shooter", which will hopefully become a parody of most zombie shooter games today.

Right now, the version is at 0.33a. I am working on a special new feature for a TIGSource release (v0.34a), which is secret until it is finished...

Here is a video of it:

Here's a download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21499454/Games/YAZSv033a.zip

Enjoy!  Durr...?

Got anything that might make it better? FOR THE FUCKING LOVE OF GOD POST IT.

Signature:<br />Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Eibx
Level 0

ヽ༼ ಠل͟ರೃ ༽ノ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »

Great game - but as you point out, it's a lot like every other Zombie Shooter. Still it's well done.

But things I think you should look at:

• It's nearly impossible to die. I had 12 zombies circling me taking around 1hp a secound.
  • I'm pretty sure if two items spawn on each other and you move over them, you only pick up item one, and the other gets stuck.
  • Some Zombies are random'd to barely move at all.
  • I think there should be a relation between health, speed, and size.
  • I don't find the title screen that attractive
  • I would love a big wave every 60 second, where a lot of Zombies would come from all directions. Of course a X2 would be nice when that happens.

That's all (: Great game, had a fun play through.

"You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out."
Phobos001
Level 0

WEEEEEEEEEE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »

Great game - but as you point out, it's a lot like every other Zombie Shooter. Still it's well done.

But things I think you should look at:

• It's nearly impossible to die. I had 12 zombies circling me taking around 1hp a secound.
  • I'm pretty sure if two items spawn on each other and you move over them, you only pick up item one, and the other gets stuck.
  • Some Zombies are random'd to barely move at all.
  • I think there should be a relation between health, speed, and size.
  • I don't find the title screen that attractive
  • I would love a big wave every 60 second, where a lot of Zombies would come from all directions. Of course a X2 would be nice when that happens.

That's all (: Great game, had a fun play through.

Thanks! I will add that stuff to the todo list and get some implemented right away!

ALSO, some points.

"It's nearly impossible to die. I had 12 zombies circling me taking around 1hp a second*."

This was a bug where I forgot to add the damage (based on zombie power) to other difficultys as well. As of right now, easy mode is the only difficulty that had that feature, and will be fixed in the next update.
"I think there should be a relation between health, speed, and size."

I thought of this as well, but kept forgetting to implement it. Silly me!  Shrug
"I don't find the title screen that attractive"

Neither do I, it's temporary until I can conjure up a better one. I also need some different fonts that work better with the theme.

"I would love a big wave every 60 second, where a lot of Zombies would come from all directions. Of course a X2 would be nice when that happens."

I would like to point out the small red cube circling around the map at great speeds to simulate a fake random spawning mechanic because I am lazy.  Tongue Once I start working on larger, more constructed maps, spawning will be different. Smiley

Signature:<br />Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Eibx
Level 0

ヽ༼ ಠل͟ರೃ ༽ノ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »

Sounds great Smiley

Maybe the "I don't find the title screen that attractive" was a little concise, but I think it's an important to take note on.

I will differently play the next version once it's out. Hand Thumbs Up Left

"You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out."
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 03:04:11 AM »

I watched the clip, didn't play. I thought it needed walls, or some kind of floor detail, and maybe a level editor? I dunno, I was watching it and thinking it would be neat to make some levels for.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic