Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411660 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 02:26:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBefore we were dead - Roleplay/Aquatic platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Before we were dead - Roleplay/Aquatic platformer  (Read 976 times)
seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:43:55 AM »

Some time ago Neotron released this game, and got some moderate feedback.
Some people really liked the openness of the environments of the game but most people simply thought it was too hard to navigate the world and find the objectives you needed to complete.

I was wondering if any of you could try it out, and perhaps give some suggestions about what to improve to make it more user-friendly.
We are currently working on another title right now, our most ambitious yet, but I would like to revisit this one soon and make an updated and improved version.
Here are some screen-shots to get you interested, theres more info about the game on our blog.

http://neotron-games.blogspot.com/2010/09/before-we-were-dead.html
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »

Looks fascinating, am downloading.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:00:21 AM »

Kind of like a lo-def Aquaria, with old-school racing navigation... I like it! Dialogue trees are well-created, too. I just don't know how to avoid/defeat the sawfish all over. Doesn't seem like I can outrun them... but I'm sure I'll figure it out!

seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 04:06:07 AM »

The sawfish, or ghostfish is kind of tricky. How to outrun or avoid it depends on what kind of fish you chose in the beginning. For the Dasher its a piece of cake, you just use the speed ability, but for the others its more complicated. There is usually also an alternate path where a Ghostfish is present.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:31:45 AM »

A lot of the dialog is screwed up for me; stuff likes to overlap on the same line of text sometimes.

I adore the music, though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic