Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411663 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:51:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUncover, an adventure / role playing game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Uncover, an adventure / role playing game  (Read 1177 times)
dlan
Level 1

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

Hi to all TIG'ers !

I just finished putting together a playable version of my first game, it's an adventure / role playing game with a classic turn based battle system, tweaked to allow counterattack and where the efficiency of your action is based off the amount of a power bar.

Here a little showcase video :

The exploration mode is first person based, you can examine objects, take them,
speak to NPC, hire them in your team, etc. The final game will put an emphasis on
the dialog system, where your questions / answer have consequence over NPC behavior.

Here some screenshots of the game

There is no class/job system in the game, basically, you gain points after each level up that
you can use to improve your stamina, strength, magic or speed. It also allow you to get any spells,
so you have a great freedom in your character creation.

This version only contains the tutorial for now. It contains all the gameplay elements, though.
zip and installer version available :

Download available here

Requirement :
1 Ghz cpu, at least 512 MB of RAM and  a geforce 6600GT or equivalent graphics card.
the .net framework is used by the game, if you use the installer version, it will install it if needed.
By default it use directx, but will fallback to opengl if an updated directx version is not found.

The game is almost feature complete, I'm interested in knowing how it run on other people computer, what do you think about the look and feel of the game,  and what could be tweaked or improved (probably a lot Smiley) Feel free to also point out any typo or grammar error that you could find (non native english speaker here Smiley)

side note about the art:

One of my main concern is to improve the game graphics / animations. Given my limited art skills, i doubt i can do any better than what i have atm  . So if anyone is interested in overhauling my programmer art (i know, difficult challenge Tongue) , just drop me a pm
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:00:36 PM by dlan » Logged
seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »

It doesn't work for me. I'm using windows 7, it basically says that theres a file missing.
dlan
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:52:49 AM »

Could you send a screen shot of the error ? otherwise, could you check if the game has generated a log file ?
(should be located in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Uncover).

Also, do you use windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit ? it should work for every version of 7, but i haven't test it out on 32 bit version.

Thanks for trying it out !
seramis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:12 AM »

Ill look into it later and get you a screen shot.
dlan
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »

just an idea, but do you have used the .exe that is directly located in the root folder of the game ? This one don't work, either use the desktop shortcut / start menu shortcut, or go to bin/release folder to find the valid exe. I will remove this one ASAP.
dlan
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »

ok, i have fixed a bug with selection between opengl and directx at startup, that was probably what cause the crash here. Updated version is up, should work ok now. and my apologies to peoples who got the bug.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic