Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411709 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 04:21:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingProppa Kickstarter Feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Proppa Kickstarter Feedback  (Read 884 times)
broadcastbrian2
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »

Hi all,

I'm a game developer from Chicago and I'm working on a mobile device game named Proppa. Proppa was a game that a professor of mine created during Game Jam 2012 a month or so ago.

The interesting thing about the team as well as the game is the artists are two girls who live in Japan currently. We have to talk through a translator, who is also a teacher at DePaul University, to communicate between the art dept. and design.

Overall, it's a great project and a game that is cute, fun, and well designed. You can play the Game Jam version by downloading the file here http://globalgamejam.org/2012/proppa. This build currently only works on Windows 7.

We just started a Kickstarter project yesterday and we are looking for a total of 5,000 dollars. We would love to hear critical feedback as well as any support the community can give to us. Any help is always welcome and we would thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Please check out Proppa and tell us what you think.

Kickstarter : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1256521023/proppa?play=1&ref=search

~Brian J.
broadcastbrian2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »

anyone have any advice or input?
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »

I am yet to play the game.

I found the game to be rather simple, which is not bad, but it's not also that appealing.
Asking for money is easy an a good way to get the energy needed when things get rough, but I don't see myself forking out money for the game, because watching the video, the game is not that interesting. See snake coming, click proppa to go up and catch the eggs along the way. Rinse and repeat.

5000 dollars seems a bit much for a game that is stable and by the looks of it, almost finished. Would the money be to convert the game to other platforms?

Yeah.
broadcastbrian2
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »

The game is a simply designed for the target platform, all mobile touch devices.

While the game does seem simple from watching the video, it can get difficult and from out playtests with many different types of users, we are confident the game is challenging and fun. I encourage you to check out our playable demo.

The game is currently stable and we are working on pushing the code over to other devices. As of now we have it on iOS, Android devices and we've tested on a Kindle Fire. We are polishing up the aspect ratios on the different devices. The money is to continue development over summer without finding other work and allowing us to live in our current conditions. By the way we have a new video up on the Kickstarter so hopefully you all like that better.

~Brian J Gabor Jr.
mihai
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:56:43 AM »

I find your game interesting, especially if it would support multi-touch, so you could hit more then one of those buggers at once, or rub more at once. Unfortunately I don't own any iDevice or touch based device, nor I plan to.

broadcastbrian2
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »

@mihai The game does suppport multi - touch. I was able to touch two proppas at one time allowing them to both move up simultaneously. We do have a PC build that is on the Kickstater as well as having a complete PC game when the final build is completed.

~Brian J.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic