Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 02:48:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsA Cat's Manor - Creepy Atmospheric Platform Puzzler
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: A Cat's Manor - Creepy Atmospheric Platform Puzzler  (Read 21546 times)
leblackdragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2023, 05:21:46 AM »

Doing some house keeping to update this thread. It's long due!

Trapped in a house inhabited by a crazed family, with a hand stitched on its tail. Help the Cat overcome puzzles, survive deadly encounters, use force or outwit bosses, and unravel its riddles. Survive long enough to escape the Manor and decide how it ends.

Cat’s Manor is a puzzle based adventure heavy on exploration with a sprinkling of intelligent action, not mindless! Set in a large manor. Waking up without any memory, and seeing a hand attached to the end of his tail, our unlikely victim must piece together what has happened, and what looming dangers are closing in. You soon realize you’re locked up in a house with an eccentric family suffering from a spider infestation. Help our little protagonist make sense of the manor's many strange rooms and use of it's strange contents.

Arm and utilize your creepy tail to unlock special abilities. A cunning cat is made more deadly when it can wield tools and weapons.
Cat Tail Item Actions:

Help the cat escape the Cat’s manor. Featuring unique visuals, movie quality soundtrack, fully voiced cast to create an immersive and eerie experience.

The game's playthrough is roughly 4 hours along, and requires 3 playthroughs to see all the content. Featuring multiple endings that depends on your choices throughout the game.

The game features full voice acting. All the dialogue (and there's a lot of it) is voiced by the talents of Kai Kennedy and his wonderful wife Mary Elizabeth Kennedy. The soundtrack is movie quality by the talented Wlad Marhulets and features live instrument recordings.

The game is initially targeting Steam and is currently in negotiations with several partners.

Cheers!
For daily small updates, check out my twitter account https://twitter.com/hd_corner
https://store.steampowered.com/app/667430/A_Cats_Manor/

Some Screenshots:

I'm quoting and archiving the original post for prosperity.

Set in an inclosed manor, populated with an eccentrically mannered family, A Cat's Manor is an atmospheric puzzler using the 2D platform genre to represent its world. The game plays out as you the cat, who prematurely wakes up suffering from amnesia, attempt to piece together what happened the night before, and realize you need to escape this manor.

The game revolves around solving puzzles to open up new sections of the manor in hopes of finding a way out. Puzzles revolve around interacting with characters for hints or tasks, and then exploring the manor for items, mixing them, activating things, collecting, etc.

The length of the game is designed so that it would take roughly 70 minutes to complete if you know all the solutions. So it isn't too small hopefully. The strongest focus of the game is to create a highly creepy, and atmospheric adventure. Dark and moody stylistic art, Very fluid animation, creepy and rich soundscape for each room and character, large play on lighting, shadows, and colors.

The game features full voice acting. All the dialogue (and there's a lot of it) is voiced by the talents of Kai Kennedy and his wonderful wife Mary Elizabeth Kennedy. The soundtrack is movie quality by the talented Wlad Marhulets and features live instrument recordings.

The game is initially targeting Steam and PS4 platforms, then expand to mobile and portable devices PS Vita, Android, and, iOS.

Cheers!
For daily small updates, check out my twitter account @as3adya

[/quote]

Welcome to the Cat's Manor:
A Cat's Manor Devlog

Twitter @as3adya

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2023, 12:13:35 AM »

The hand stitched on the cat's tail is a fun premise :D Great main menu screen, love the shadow play!

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2023, 08:42:46 AM »

Nice to see the project getting resurrected! Beer!
Since localization is already in, let me know if you might be interested in a Chinese localization.  Smiley

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
leblackdragon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2023, 07:42:46 AM »

Nice to see the project getting resurrected! Beer!
Since localization is already in, let me know if you might be interested in a Chinese localization.  Smiley
Whoa thanks for mentioning it. Definitely I will be reaching out for your help when I get to it. Thanks!

Welcome to the Cat's Manor:
A Cat's Manor Devlog

Twitter @as3adya

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic