Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 08:50:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesI WILL enter something for IGF
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: I WILL enter something for IGF  (Read 16169 times)
Josepho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 11:34:39 AM »

Hi friends, i want to enter a game in the igf too! Anybody knows if igf provides you the ftp info when you pay the inscription fee? 

-------------
Questtracers - Indie flash games!
http://www.questtracers.com/
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »

well technically.... I AM entering a game into IGF whether I want to or not  Shocked

dessgeega
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 11:42:44 PM »

Hi friends, i want to enter a game in the igf too! Anybody knows if igf provides you the ftp info when you pay the inscription fee? 

they do. i'm having trouble logging into the ftp site, though.

if your game isn't too big, you can upload it through their website instead. but that seems to be a one-time deal, which is why i'm struggling with the ftp right now.
Josepho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 05:57:08 AM »

Hi, i entered the game in the IGF, you can see more info of my game Kukoo Kitchen in the feedback forum! Its right when you pay the fee, they send you a mail with the ftp info :D

-------------
Questtracers - Indie flash games!
http://www.questtracers.com/
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:53 AM »

Speaking of FTP problems, how last minute can you leave things? If you literally leave it till the last half an hour or so, is there a chance you might have website troubles and miss the deadline? Or do you think maybe they might be understanding about things like that?

mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 07:59:30 AM »

I don't know, but I wouldn't depend on it.  Maybe it's best to pretend the deadline is a day or two before it actually is.
Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »

I JUDGE YOU.

I COORDINATE YOU.

If you guys are on the fence, just enter. You do get to update later. Plus, it's likely that what you've created is pretty damn awesome. Sometimes it's hard to remember that when you've been starting at it for a long time. I expect half the awesome entries to come from TIGCompos, let alone stuff people have been working on for a long time. 

Beer!

Steve Swink
Game Designer, Enemy Airship
Content Director, IGF
sswink (at) enemyairship(dot) com
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 02:39:04 AM »

@Steve: What are the guidelines on updating after the deadline of 1 Nov?

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 02:57:25 AM »

Things aren't that bleak, thankfully. We really are rushing up to the last second with this, but we've done loads of work over the last few weeks and the end is in sight. And we still have two weeks! So I'm still optimistic! Beer!

It was amazing how much I managed to accomplish during the last week before IGF deadline. Do not underestimate the power boost of a deadline.

Petri Purho
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 03:35:17 AM »

I'm currently rushing our game now... prepare for programmer's art  Well, hello there!*

* Actually means  Cry because my "time to grow up and get a job" senses are tingeling.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 03:38:29 AM »

I think Fish will disapprove of all games that do not use an X360 controller (way of the future, maaaan).  :D

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »

I just had to get a Wii. Sad

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »

I think Fish will disapprove of all games that do not use an X360 controller (way of the future, maaaan).  :D
thankfully our class's game uses them   Well, hello there!

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 03:32:36 AM »

Fish will play and judge all games from within a massive fez-like hut, singing haikus as he does so in an otherworldly trance. If you look at his eyes directly while he's doing it you'll see the edges of infinity stretch out before you, games being dismembered into their tiniest parts and transformed into stardust, creating patterns of beauty and horror in the depths of etheral space.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 03:39:37 AM »

No, that's Guert.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »

Actually, I hear if you look into Fish's eyes, you see infinite rainbows spiralling away into the distance.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »

Technicolour rainbows.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »

Anyone interested in a grind for IGF? And for those interested, I could grind every IGF entries of TIGsourcers. You know for kicks.

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »

lets see, I left the apartment for the first time today in a week - which made me realize I haven't put on pants IN A WEEK.

ENTER OR DIE   Cool

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

I entered ID last year and got no feedback or anything, so it kind of turns me off from entering again, because it felt like a waste of 95$. I am idly pondering entering v1.1 of ID again this year, and wasting another 95$, just in the off-chance that I was only unlucky last year due to getting judges who didn't bother to give feedback (someone who works for the IGF said that only two or three out of the hundreds of games that were submitted received no feedback, so I was *really* unlucky if that's true).

Although I don't actually want to become a finalist because that would involve tons of travel money that I don't have (which winning an award would pay back, but most finalists will not win anything), so I don't know why I'm crazily even considering entering again this year. I think it's a peer pressure thing: everyone else is entering, so why shouldn't I? Etc.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic