Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 08:27:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting12$ - 10 minutes arcade game, 1 to 4 players !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 12$ - 10 minutes arcade game, 1 to 4 players !  (Read 1313 times)
Robotic
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:51:54 AM »

Hello ! Here's a game I made with two friends for the No Future Contest (which theme was 'Work it !').

It's about the Twelve Labours of Hercule, and can be played from one to 4 players. Plug controllers before launching the game, or use Arrows+OP for one player, ZQSD+FG for another one (azerty, sorry, shift+alt to switch to qwerty)
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:25:19 AM »

Very interesting visual style and concept, I like the goal of each mini game. Are you using shaders? I didn't have color variations like the red hydra battle one my PC (HD 7970). Every screen had the same color scheme.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Robotic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 06:40:18 AM »

Actually, color variation happens after you beat the game. On the finish screen, you can pick any colored square, and throw it into the receptacle in the middle of the arena. It will reboot the game, with the color you choose.

Since the game will be exposed to public if it get selected, we thought it could be a nice reward the get to choose the color scheme for the next players.

Why we didn't make the colors change every time is because we actually took a constraint that only authorized 4 colours in the game.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »

Oh I see, I knocked the cube in that thing and it did the shut down but I didn't actually replay after that to see the difference. That's cool too. Also I see from the gifs that you can grab objects. That would have helped me!

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic