Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:41:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538778 times)
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 08, 2010, 03:04:40 PM »

moi is sabotaging me

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: July 08, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

I don't know what to say, the music works fine for me. Construct becomes very unstable when the project grows.
Also, I recommend turning the speakers on.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1322 on: July 09, 2010, 03:09:36 AM »

Another Silver Sword build!!

This one has loads of improvements.
* A more professional-looking main menu.
* Selectable playable characters with different HP, footspeed and respawn abilities.
* Infinite respawn added for 'Treasure Hunt' mode.
* 'Treasure Hunt' mode completed with a final boss and an ending.
* 'Boss Gauntlet' mode: a short hard game where you battle various familiar-looking monsters in succession, none of which appear in any other mode. Currently lacks an ending.
* Unique 'weak hit' colours and sounds for the 3 elements, to more properly distinguish them.

Right now all that's left is a third level for Journey and an ending for Boss Gauntlet. Oh, and some proper music! (Do I have any generous donors in the audience?)

P.S: Here are some hints for Treasure Hunt:
- If you don't know Silver Sword's mechanics yet, play Journey's first level.
- North of the Restful Peace Grove is the Fire Brand, the Loop, and the Ice Brand. South is the Sandals and the Silver Brand. The intended order is Fire -> Sandals -> Silver -> Ice -> Loop.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:35:10 AM by L » Logged
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 09, 2010, 04:00:29 AM »

I don't know what to say, the music works fine for me. Construct becomes very unstable when the project grows.
i removed ya from the project, and let's leave it at that

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1324 on: July 09, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »

I think we are moving backwards.

Mar
Level 1

Bat-Llama

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 09, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

I think we are moving backwards.

agreed

"insta-fucking-ly"
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1326 on: July 09, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »

i removed ya from the project, and let's leave it at that
Did you even try running the game?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1327 on: July 10, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »

Heya,

I'd been following the updates from indiegames.com and jumped at the chance when I saw there were some slots free. I'm really excited about this project, and have picked Dam Busters. There's something about a bear shooting fireballs out of his belly that inspires me Wink

Anyway, I'd just like to ask about the rules of the project. You mention that you'd like it to run just by clicking an exe file. Does this mean developing in XNA is a no-no? Just thought I'd ask, as I like working with XNA, but am happy to work in something else if it's a problem.

I started looking through the thread to see if people have already asked, but it's 89 pages long ^^;

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1328 on: July 10, 2010, 05:09:49 AM »

Anyway, I'd just like to ask about the rules of the project. You mention that you'd like it to run just by clicking an exe file. Does this mean developing in XNA is a no-no? Just thought I'd ask, as I like working with XNA, but am happy to work in something else if it's a problem.

I don't think anything has been said officially but personally I'd recommend against XNA. Simply because XNA games have a habit of just crashing on people's machines if they don't have the right frameworks installed before they run the game. So not sure it would give the smooth experience of jumping between games that is intended.

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1329 on: July 10, 2010, 06:46:54 AM »

I always thought it was a beaver, but after watching the game's two sprites, who the hell knows. Good luck!

L
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1330 on: July 10, 2010, 06:59:33 AM »

Why the heck would a beaver want to bust a dam.

I didn't put a question mark there because there is no answer.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 10, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »

Aw... I was eying Dam Busters.
Ah well.

And expect Illuminator to be finished later today, once I work out a few more bugs.
pgil
« Reply #1332 on: July 10, 2010, 10:17:07 AM »

Why the heck would a beaver want to bust a dam.

I didn't put a question mark there because there is no answer.

maybe they're busting an enemy colony's dam.  Or maybe they're like Greenpeace beavers.

Yes, I've thought about this.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1333 on: July 10, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »

City of Doom update. I think it shouldn't take too much longer now.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1334 on: July 10, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »

XNA is a problem for some but you should do it anyways. I still can't fathom why people have XNA issues these days. Put a readme in with your game instructing those to install the XNA runtime, problem should be fixed. No?

Just don't use the silly xna deploy thing, hate that.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: July 10, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

the rules explicitly say you shouldn't have to install anything.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1336 on: July 10, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

who cares, fuck that rule.
pgil
« Reply #1337 on: July 10, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »

Sure, but if too many people have trouble running your game, Podunkian will drop it (see: moi's game one page ago).
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 10, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

Sure, but if too many people have trouble running your game, Podunkian will drop it (see: moi's game one page ago).
and it definitely wasn't the fact that it was, you know, unfinished or anything.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 11, 2010, 12:01:55 AM »

Okay, I'm calling Illuminator "done".
There's one bug that's been happening to one friend of mine (that I hope won't happen with anyone else), so I'll keep looking into that...  But otherwise it's done enough.

ILLUMINATOR

As always, C is flashlight; leave it off and it will overcharge, which you can use to can kill ghouls.
X is action: pick up/plug in items, open/close doors.
Esc is pause.

Kill enough ghouls to weaken the stitches on the tear in space, so that you can follow the ghouls through the houses and rescue your sister.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic