Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:14:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDysnomia
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dysnomia  (Read 2421 times)
Cuervo77
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »

I thought it would be easier to start a new thread for any updates that I might have instead of cluttering up someone elses post with my crap...lol.

This is about Dysnomia, an indie game that I'm currently getting the art portion worked on. Someone had previously asked if there was more than just the centepede looking things to kill. This is a pic that Gareth posted up with some of the enemies that I created previously for the game. After looking at it, he posted a semifinished picture of the rat into the comp, but that's ok, can more or less see what I was going for with it. Just a bit of a sampling as to what's available to kill, or to kill you.

Also, here's a link to the newest video that he has posted. There are quite a few others in the "More From" dropdown if you are interested.

dcco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »

dcco Likes this.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:01:39 PM »

I like everything except the robot, it looks too flat, it's just like vector shapes grouped together.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »

Great artwork man.
Keep it up.

Cuervo77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:01:10 AM »

Glad you guys like those ones. This is the first game I've worked on. Don't think I realized how much different it would be to create everything from a top down perspective. Quite a bit of fun regardless though.

I do agree with you Moi. That was originally why I went back in to redesign it a bit. Instead I came out with the larger mining robot and never did go back to making sure that smaller one looked better...lol. Hopefully there's time to get it redrawn a bit and animated again for another sprite sheet.
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

Reminds me of Notrium.

Looking good. Got any animations to show off?

Cuervo77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »

Sorry for the delay. Still have to upload some of the gifs that I created to send to Gareth before I turned them into sprite sheets.

Here's a new local multiplayer video that does show the animations of a few of the enemies as well as some of the new frames to the sprite sheets that explode the enemies into more irregular chunks:

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

Awesome, that music is pretty sweet in the second demo vid.. Is it originally done for the game? The multiplayer, is it like wasd and arrows on the same keyboard or is it being done so you can connect across the internet at some point in the future?

Cuervo77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 02:26:16 PM »

I believe that all of the music is original. Gareth(the programmer) and some of his friends do a lot of music stuff on the side from what I hear. I liked that second one in the vid when I heard it as well.

Not too sure how the PC version is being set up yet for controls when it's done. Right now it's being played on both PC and 360 with the gamepad. Although I have yet to play it...lol. I believe it currently does have wasd controls in there at the moment, but I wanted to wait to play it with a gamepad. 
Cuervo77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »

Keep forgetting to update this. Here's a bit of a larger screenshot of one of the first bosses.

FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 08:21:40 AM »

That's a pretty nice boss you've got there.
Cuervo77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 06:04:20 AM »

Here's the official trailer Gareth just posted out there. Even has that boss in there moving around FawfulBeans.

Embed didn't work, here's the link instead:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic