Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411565 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:01:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS WORLD OF GOO IS OUT
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS WORLD OF GOO IS OUT  (Read 5417 times)
Jrsquee
« on: October 13, 2008, 06:14:21 AM »

I'm getting this as soon as I can snag a Wii points card.  It's up for sale at 2D Boy's site, Amazon, Greenhouse, Direct2Drive, Steam, WiiWare and Beanstalk Games.

http://2dboy.com/games.php
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:36:15 AM »

I preordered it, but didn't get around to playing it until last night. Somewhere around six hours later, I had to go to bed but I didn't want to. Its an amazing little game there, and it has a great sense of humor. Though, Chapter 4 is currently my favorite of all the stages.

I'm also waiting for the profanity pack for the preorderers.

... and the Linux version.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:50:24 AM »

I'm getting this as soon as I can snag a Wii points card.  It's up for sale at 2D Boy's site, Amazon, Greenhouse, Direct2Drive, Steam, WiiWare and Beanstalk Games.

http://2dboy.com/games.php
"This account has exceeded it's CPU quota"

Hah!

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:56:16 AM »

Steam has it in about 8 hours.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »

And if you preordered it (like me), you can use your magic key on the steam version!
Sadly, your savegame doesn't cross over.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »

Any word on a demo?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 08:16:49 AM »

They said in an interview with RPS that the demo should come early next year, along side the european release.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »

I always think it's foolish to release a demo after a game's already been released. Even more so half a year after. It kind of defeats the point. The demo is meant to give people interested in the game a taste of it. By the time they release this demo most people who were interested will either have gotten it already or moved on.

It'll work for the european market, yes, but it makes me wonder why they didn't release it with the game around the americas as well

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:49 AM »

They said in an interview with RPS that the demo should come early next year, along side the european release.
The various downloadable versions will be available in Europe today, right?  Undecided

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »

Not on WiiWare, but the other PC things, yes.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

Bah, I want to play this tonight, but I'm sitting here waiting for a reply from Steam support. Since (I think) I live in a different country from my credit card company, Steam rejects my card unless I email them each time.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »

I'm playing the Wii version with two hands at the moment. Really speeds some things up Grin

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 11:42:27 AM »

Sod it, I'm going to play Stalker instead.  Cool

Cagey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 12:25:40 PM »

Aww apparently there'll be no activating pre-orders on steam until next week. Looks like ill have to finish the game twice. It's a tough life...

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 01:08:27 PM »

I only heard about this game today, an i just bought it. Its really great, and each level is interesting. the presentation of it is really polished too.

Gnarf
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 01:13:08 PM »

Bah, I want to play this tonight, but I'm sitting here waiting for a reply from Steam support. Since (I think) I live in a different country from my credit card company, Steam rejects my card unless I email them each time.

Has it been like that like forever and such, or? Steam's rejecting my card now, and I've never had a problem with it before (and the last time I used it at Steam was this Saturday (LEGO Batman!(Awesome!(Yes!)))), so like if that's a pretty recent thing for you too I'll just blame Steam or something for now and try again later. I want something to blame at least :\
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »

I only heard about this game today
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 01:48:12 PM »

Has it been like that like forever and such, or? Steam's rejecting my card now, and I've never had a problem with it before (and the last time I used it at Steam was this Saturday (LEGO Batman!(Awesome!(Yes!)))), so like if that's a pretty recent thing for you too I'll just blame Steam or something for now and try again later. I want something to blame at least :\
I'm fairly sure it's being abroad that does it, although I don't remember where I read that and the steam error messages certainly don't go out of their way to tell you what the problem is. It hasn't worked properly for me since I moved.

I tried to pre-order last week, and paypal was refusing me as well.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:13:37 PM by Pishtaco » Logged

Gnarf
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »

OH! Then it would seem it is not the same thing really!!
gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »

Oh my their website is under a heavy load again. The same thing happened when they released the preorders. Can you guys imagine what it would be like if they had the demo there...

Petri Purho
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic