Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411570 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 08:04:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI Feel a Fable II a-Comin'
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I Feel a Fable II a-Comin'  (Read 1673 times)
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »

I hadn't been following this game until recently, but it looks awesome. The dog companion is a truly great idea (Fun Fact: Peter Molyneux had a hard time selling the dog to the development team.) and the world seems like the perfect video game place to watch a beautiful sunrise ascending over the lake. The co-op sort of makes sense in the game world, while still allowing players to drop in and out at will. There are also things that were put in there to make the game fun, as opposed to ignoring the fun aspect and just making it look cool, or something like that (e.g. I'm pretty sure you can relocate ability points at will). The "Bread Crumb Trail" is simply genius. It allows you to explore Albion, and when you are ready for your quest again, you can just follow the Yellow Sparkly Trail. Then there's the ability to buy every shop, every house, every castle, etc. in the entire game. All in all, this may be a strong game of the year contender, if everything is done right.

PS: There is an in-game item-awarding interactive story here: http://fable2.xbox.com/Experience.aspx. The story is different than the one told in the game, so do not worry about spoilers. Also, check the barrel for another mini-game. (Tip: You have to re-aim every time get a new chicken.)

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »

Question: Will it be a dog, or will it be a wolf? I want a vicious killing machine, not a poodle!
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:17:22 PM »

You won't be getting a poodle. You get your dog at about forty-five minutes into the game, and you get a "tougher" breed if you are evil at first.

policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »

fuck yeah, im looking forward to this.

the first one wasn't very good game, but it had this "magical" feel to it.
cant really explain it. but i liked that about it.

also i love the theme song in fable by danny elfman.
awesome.
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »

Also, I believe that I forgot to mention this: http://www.lionhead.com/?newsid=44

"With Extra Stereographic Engineerification"

WTF

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »

Also, I believe that I forgot to mention this: http://www.lionhead.com/?newsid=44

"With Extra Stereographic Engineerification"

WTF
Indie  Cool

Fuckin Xboxtocrats.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 03:23:29 PM »

I want this to be awesome.

The first game was kinda meh, but at the same time a lot of fun and had this unique feeling to it, as policedanceclub mentioned  Beer!
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:02:57 PM »

I need an xbox 360 Huh? anyone happen to be selling one for around 100, or how I can get one for super cheap?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

Just wait until they release it along with the expansion on PC.

I want this to be awesome.

The first game was kinda meh, but at the same time a lot of fun and had this unique feeling to it, as policedanceclub mentioned  Beer!

Definitely! Especially the bit at the end of The Lost Chapters where you get to kill a big fucking dragon!
medieval
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:52:47 AM »

I need an xbox 360 Huh? anyone happen to be selling one for around 100, or how I can get one for super cheap?
They are/will be selling them at €150 here in Holland :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic