Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:58:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSweet Dreams!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Sweet Dreams!  (Read 3602 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

My dreams never include video games.

Last night I dreamt that I was back in elementary school, playing a game of kickball. The teacher and children didn't seem to notice I'm an adult, and when I tried to explain to them that I'm not actually a member of the class the teacher said she'd fail me for the day if I continued my attitude, so I was forced to play.

So I played.

There was a bullyboy in class, I hated him. Eleven year old kid. Throughout the game, it was my major goal to biff the ball at him, to pelt him so hard in the face that he'd fly a few feet and get hurt pretty badly.

When I kicked the ball, unfortunately, it went so far out of bounds that it was unretrievable. Yes, it was a home run, but that was the only ball.

So, what the teacher did was she wadded up a bunch of paper and duct taped it all together into a makeshift ball. When it was finally time for me to pitch, I rolled the thing to the bullyboy, and when he kicked it, it only came forward a few feet. It didn't have very bouncy properties. When I retrieved it and tried to pelt him, the ball didn't go very fast or very far. I was disappointed.

Also, I just recently had a nightmare. The whole thing was animated in watercolor paints. There was this pile of people next to one giant guy--the giant guy looked like somebody from twisted sister. He was watching all the little people in the pile squirm. They were covered in tar, fighting each other.

One guy reached the top of the pile, he was smoking a cigarrette, he kept fighting, pounding his fists into the people below.

Finally, the twisted sister giant opened his mouth and said, in a deep, booming voice, 'come join me, my son' and then he opened his mouth like a snake--jaw dislocated, and his tongue slipped out. His tongue stretched all the way down to the pile of fighting people, wrapped itself around the guy that was smoking a cigarette, and pulled him into his mouth. The guy that was smoking was thinking, 'oh shit!' in a little thought bubble above his head.

The twisted sister guy started chewing, happily, biting the arms and legs and things off the little guy in his mouth, and while the little guy was being chewed up in agony the cigarette ash fell, landed on what was left of his tar covered body, and he caught fire. Outside, the giant twisted sister guy made a face like a bee had just stung him in the mouth. He held it for a while, without chewing, then said, 'bleeeeaaaagh!!" and spat the fireball man out, which landed on the pile of fighting tarry people, who caught fire, and that was when I woke up.

Those are my dreams. No video games in them, but they ARE pretty indie.

Corpus
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Same as Melly. When I'm playing DF regular-like, I start to see ASCII dwarves floating about as if overlaid on my vision.

They're never moving, though. Sometimes there is grass around them, or floor tiles.
Casey
Level 0

I sort in O(n) time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »

Lumines.  Damn those falling blocks.  I've also had dreams where I was in Ocarina of Time and Gears of War, after a day of playing Gears of War it's impossible to walk around and not start looking for cover (so many things are the perfect height to crouch behind).

Also, kind of unrelated, but I have a game I've been making for about a year now that is made up only of my dreams.  Every time I have a really crazy or weird dream, I find a way to add it to the game.  Not sure I ever want to release it though, it makes me look a little crazy I think....

DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 12:56:52 AM »

When I was about four, I recall dreaming that I was being bitten by Goombas.

I've had no other videogame related dreams since.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic