Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411538 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 02:12:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1954558 times)
Reckard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7860 on: September 17, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »

I'm Reckard, and I'm an aspiring game developer.

I'm a guy who enjoys making his own websites, music, art, ect... but for the longest time I've struggled with actually creating my own game. I don't like the idea of waiting for someone else to code the core of the game while I do everything else, and using game-making software like Stencyl has always frustrated me - like, I expect going into those programs to not have to program, not use some weird GUI hybrid of traditional programming and connecting blocks. So, I decided to just learn it myself!

I'm just getting into ActionScript 3 now and making some very basic games. I hope to become a better coder as time goes on and release some interesting and fun things for you to play.

Until then, see you later!

Head of Mystery Sword Studios: writer, artist, musician, animator and novice programmer.
dragonslumber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7861 on: September 17, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »

I doubt that anyone reads these, but as it is customary...

Peace in to all, my name is Kevin Giguere and I am the pillar of Dragon Slumber, an indie dev studio of 1 which relies on contracted artists to produce games. Personally, I am responsible for all the non visual, non audio work, so programming, designing, producing, marketing, writing and the likes.

I am working on my first full fledged game, Arelite Core, which can be seen atww.arelitecore.com. It's a JRPG which takes inspiration from SNES titles, but then goes in to bring in more modern tropes like custom stances, a different method of magic, weapon forging and more. I've been working on it for over 2½ years, and have been hiring contractors, some of them from this forum, since Jan 2013. I'm hoping to see a release in 2015, and in the meantime am planning a reveal video in the upcoming weeks and a PAX EAST presence next year. 

That's about it, peace out!

Arelite Core, coming to a PC near you (hopefully yours) in 2015, www.arelitecore.com
HaroldBalls
Level 0

Maker of Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7862 on: September 17, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »

Hey Everyone! my name is Ben Hindle. I have been in the games industry for a little over 10 years, working at Bioware on games like:

Jade Empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Empire

Mass Effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect

Then over to Microsoft for stuff like:

launch of Kinect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect

I Moved to Victoria BC to work at the Microsoft office that opened up there, and after 2 years it was shut down Sad

It actually wasn't bad at all, because for years leading up to that, I had been dreaming of going Indie and making my own games. so here I am!

I started my own little studio called DoubleSmoked Software (current headcount....... 1)  www.doublesmoked.com I'm currently in the very end stages of making my first game "Because Zombies"  for IOS and android...due out in a few weeks  **fingers crossed**

Anyway, Im really glad to be here and be part of the community!

follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/HaroldBalls

Ben

follow me on teh twitter @HaroldBalls
Vavassor
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7863 on: September 19, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »

Howdy there! My name is Andrew Dawson and I'm an artist and aspiring game developer.

Pretty much grew up playing games, but I've always had a special love for adventure and exploration-focused games. Like all the lucasarts and sierra adventure games, myst and riven, zelda and metroid, legacy of the wizard and battle of olympus. What got me interested in making em, though, is my outside interest in experimental music and abstract and surreal art, which I felt like would mesh with games in interesting ways.

Been programming for about 7-8 years, since high school. I've made and worked on maybe a dozen or so games of various sizes, scopes, and levels of completion throughout the years, both by myself and with friends. Not a whole lot have been finished, but I've done most every role in development by this point so it certainly hasn't left me unknowledgeable.

The completed games are mostly puzzle and art games and can be found on my tumblr, listed in the about page. Others were made but are either lost, incomplete, or so rubbish I'd rather spare you from having to play them.

More recently, I've been spending my time making very small sculptures and environments in game engines like Unity and also working on a custom game engine in C++ for a future adventure game I've been planning.

Also, I can found on Twitter and Tumblr.
Unplayables
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: September 20, 2014, 02:25:15 PM »

Hi there.

I've always liked going to bed with a rulebook and game rules have always fascinated me.

Throughout the years I've built a large number of games.... in my head.
I've got two huge binders full of game design docs.

Since programming has always been a bit of a hurdle and game design was more of an itch that needed to be scratched once in a while, I've never been serious about any design.

But recently I've designed something and programmed it far enough... and I can't stop playing it.
I remember seeing the russian guy who invented tetris saying the same thing.

So I've cleared my schedule to develop it into a playable game for other people. I'm here to gather some help on the parts that are harder for me.

Hello everyone from tigsource. I've been a lurker on and off throughout the years but finally now I'm a forum member  Cool
gerbotha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7865 on: September 20, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »

Hello!

I've been playing games since I can remember. It all started with an Atari-2600. I really got into some serious gaming on the Amiga 500/2000. I wrote my first assembly program on a C64 and never looked back.

I've always dabbled with 3D games programming on the side. I joined this forum in the hopes of meeting people in order to exchange knowledge as well as showcase what I'm doing - It’s boring if you can’t showcase what you do right?

pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7866 on: September 21, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »

Howdy people!

My name is Tatu and I'm from promised land of game development, Finland. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, starting from the original Super Mario Bros., Kirby's Adventure, Blobbo and various early Macintosh games as well as a lot of traditional board and card games. My biggest influences when I was young were all the Zelda and Mario games as well as Megaman X and countless other SNES games. I soon delved into some game development early on at the age 10 with Game Maker, CoolBasic and some Zelda creator. I then stopped it due to lack of willingness to do both programming and art, both of which I wasn't very good at and started pursuing other interests in life while still actively playing video games.

Fast forward to time after the conscription service (joining the army) I became really interested in game development again, partly due to the boom in Finland and partly because I heard there was a decent school that was really project oriented and I started feeling like I could become a great Producer. So I started the school and have now been developing games for some while as a Team Lead, meaning I'm both the Producer and Lead Designer on most projects due to their small nature and I have really found my calling in that role. I also went to Singapore for a while to work on a PS4 school project which was a great experience and I met some amazing people whilst there and during a small trip to Japan.

I am now heading two projects; one a smaller mix of match3 and grid-based strategy for mobile and then a bigger, more hardcore isometric/grid-based card game for PC, which I'll be starting a devlog for in the coming days.

My passions lies in all types of games, but there is no doubt that the Zelda games have a special place in my heart. I'm also a huge music enthusiast and listen to all kinds of music, but mostly from Rock to Heavy Metal and I play guitar a bit. I also like to keep myself fit and motivated by going to the gym, running and just walking in the beautiful forests of Finland.

UDrew
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: September 22, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »

Hi All!

My name is Andrew and my wife, Becca, and I make up Team Andrecca!  We're first time indie developers who grew up on the classic NES games like Mario, Mega Man, and the like.  I enjoy doing the programming side of things and she enjoys doing the art, so we make the perfect team! :D

We're about half-way through our first game and excited to be a part of the indie community!
oddjob
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7868 on: September 23, 2014, 09:33:08 AM »

Hello all!

My name is Dwayne Douglass and I've been a gamer since my dad brought home our first computer (an IMSAI 8080 playing Kill The Lights) as a wee lad.  From there I attempted to change the game Snake into a Tron lighcycle game on a TSR-80(unsuccessfully) which was my first attempt at game development.  Then it was on to Colecovision, NES and PC games and I was a gamer for life.  

Then one day I stumbled across a 'mod' for Quake 2 called Superheroes 2.  And that changed everything.  That's where I met a developer of that mod that also worked on a mod called Action Quake 2.  I ended up working on AQ2 at the tail end of it's development with the original team.  When we were approached by Valve to port our mod over to some game called Half-Life we jumped on it.  We were invited to show off our mod Action Half-Life at E3 in '99 and at the first Half-Life Mod Expo later that year. Eventually I took over lead designer duties.  After a very long run with Action Half-Life I went back to plain old gamer until very recently.  I just started up my first official game development company Hard-Boiled Software LLC and we are currently just starting to work on our first game: Killing, My Friend:

www.killingmyfriendgame.com

I had been looking for a place just like this to hang out and share tips and ideas, etc and stumbled across here.  Thanks for hosting!

Dwayne 'oddjob' Douglass

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:03:44 PM by oddjob » Logged

klaus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7869 on: September 23, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »

Hello!

My name is Klaus and I'm on my way to become a real game developer.  Smiley

Long time ago I was a quite active member on Lucky's VB Gaming site and made a Liero clone called NEX7. That was my first real game and it got quite a bit of attention. You can still find it in the vastness of the internet.

Then followed a long pause (> 10 years) until now, while I was doing typical teenager- and later on student things. Eventually I have finally finished my studies in Medical Computer Science and I can't help it, but it somehow drags me back to doing games. So that's what I really want to do right now.

I've got a project in the works - it's called Asteroid Fight and it's a real time strategy, action genre mix. You can check it out via the link in my signature if you like.

So long, hope to read and discuss lots of interesting topics here!

Register for our upcoming online multiplayer space action RTS at http://www.asteroidfight.com
Gagz9k
Level 0

Part of LudunPactum

View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: September 23, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »

Hi!,

This is a little over-due, because I've been posting here and there, but I think I never "did" this thread. My name is Alexander Hass, I'm originally from Venezuela, but I'm living in Chile at the moment. I'm a graphic artist and I'm working right now with a couple of friends (a programmer and a musician) to start up a little indie game dev studio, because that's what we love the most; making games.

This is us:

I'm the one with the weird thing in the neck. I was just out of the hospital (3 weeks in ICU), and having our first reunion since a little health problem strike me.

I've been working a couple years in graphics, illustration and pixelart, and before that I did some years of VFX for television, back in Venezuela. I study graphic design as a career, but never really got into the "designers scene", to hip for me, maybe.

I love games. Zelda, Megaman and Metroid are my golden memories from childhood. I also like anime (mostly fantasy/action stuff) and sci-fi literature.

I'm here mostly for feedback and maybe some validation, as game studio and game developer. I want advice from the expert, I want to read and feel this industry in which I want to make a career. I want to make games.

Here's how I look at 3am in the morning making some animation for one of the games we are working on (a.k.a Polizon):

sausagejohnson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: September 23, 2014, 08:03:10 PM »

Hi Guys, I'm Wayne, just new on today.

I used to write games in AMOS on the Amiga back in the day (ran the AMOS club in Australia), and did assembler on the C64, so I have game assets going back over 20 years.

I work as a .NET developer / Frontend these days and so only just getting back into the gamedev world, android and all that stuff.

So it's been a long time between drinks.

I have a few projects in the pipeline and I just came on today to get some feedback on my new game "Bean Farmer Pinball" which I posted over here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43515.0

It'd be good to get in touch with guys from back in the day, and other faces around the Canberra area. Feel free to give me a holler anytime.
relicsman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: September 24, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to programming and android but have been working on a fun AR-based game that I'll share in playtesting later! Smiley
Iron27
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: September 24, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »

Hi, my name is Patrick and I'm the Marketing Director for Iron 27 Inc. I just made 23 years old. In my spare time I like to read, write, watch sports, party, and naturally work on video games.

Iron 27 is a new indie studio in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Founded by Joel Tubre, we are currently hard at work on our debut title, a Multiplayer RPG called Heroes of Shadow Guard - but more on that later, right?

We're a talented team of 9; two designers (including me), five programmers (including Joel), and two artists. We are proud of the product we are putting together and intend to capitalize on the opportunity given to us.

I look forward to telling more about Heroes of Shadow Guard here. Smiley
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7874 on: September 25, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »

Hi guys,

Wasn't easy to register but I'm finally here ! So I'm a french developer working on a game on my spare time, if everything goes as expected I should be able to talk about it very soon !

Cheers,

McLewis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7875 on: September 25, 2014, 11:09:40 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Brendan, and I've gotten into game development this last year. My long time friend and I have wanted to make games for a long time, but it wasn't until recently that we had the skill to do so. I'm studying computer science at Seattle Pacific University and spend most of my free time working on games (or playing Counter Strike). My friend and I have done a couple of game jams, Ludum Dare and GBJam, and recently turned one of our game jams submissions into a full release Android game. I've really enjoyed working on games this last year and hope to be able to do in the future as a career. Nice to meet you all!
Tatarkow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: September 26, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »

Hi everyone,
I am a Czech student and in my spare time I enjoy developing games. I am kind of new to developing as well as programming itself, but I am learning quite quickly Smiley
Scottimus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: September 26, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »

Hi! I'm Scott from Mutated Software, and I'm a lurker. 

I've seen your cool game thread and I think it's awesome!  I wrote a reply to it, then fretted about the tone of it coming off wrong and just deleted it. Smiley

Anywho, looking forward to being more interactive in the future!

-Scott

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: September 27, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »

Hi everyone,
I am a Czech student and in my spare time I enjoy developing games. I am kind of new to developing as well as programming itself, but I am learning quite quickly Smiley

When you love what you do you learn very quick!

Startled Maggie
« Reply #7879 on: September 28, 2014, 06:56:45 AM »

Hi! I'm Startled Maggie from 2d Cloud.

I design comics, games and toys. I'm learning how to program using Scratch, GML, and Python. I look forward to talking about games and getting feedback from play testers.

Here is a screenshot from a short game I'm making called Kombucha Mama:

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic