Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 02:03:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesANNOUNCEMENT! (Good News/Bad News)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT! (Good News/Bad News)  (Read 2177 times)
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »

Okay, my computer is now spyware-free! But I have some good news and some bad news.

The Bad news is that I am handing over FGOTD to someone else. I've had a lot of fun doing it but I have a lot going on right now and I'm afraid it will have to be FGOEFWOS which translates to Freeware Game of Every Few Weeks or So. I won't be able to update it often. I will choose some candidates and pick the best one for the job. I want my FGOTD locked and the new owner to start their own. Sorry, guys. I will still be contributing to TIGSource and occaisionally giving the new owner a game to display Smiley.

Now the good news isn't JUST that my pc is now spyware-free. The good news is that I will be doing video reviews for freeware games. Much like Zero Punctuation, but I'm just not as funny as Yahtzee. I will do them whenever possible.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »

I will start letting people sign up for FGOTD ownership now. Just give me like 3 sentences about why you would be a good owner.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

Kay:

1) I'm awesome, not Phil Fish awesome, but awesome.
2) I love freeware games, because I don't like buying games for money I don't have.
3) I've played a lot of them, for exactly that reason.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 05:03:09 PM »

I don't see what would stop people from just making their own "Freeware game of the day" threads. Why do you think there has to be only one? Wink
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »

I don't see what would stop people from just making their own "Freeware game of the day" threads. Why do you think there has to be only one? Wink
That's a good point. I hate being "self-idolizing," thinking I'm the best. But if there's a bunch, everything will go downhill. If there's one, then it will be more organized.

Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 01:03:51 PM »

Haha, I know what you mean about being too busy. I currently have 13,000 wordsworth of essays I'm writing at the moment to end my year; the sucky side of student life.

You could maybe even just have one candidate for each day of the week. Friday's with Fish, Tuesdays with Tommy...and...I guess we'd need to invent a new day of the week for Derek and Alec Wink.

In seriousness though FGOTD is what it is because of you so don't fret too much about decisions, just go with what makes sense to you!
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 03:08:47 PM »

Haha, I know what you mean about being too busy. I currently have 13,000 wordsworth of essays I'm writing at the moment to end my year; the sucky side of student life.

You could maybe even just have one candidate for each day of the week. Friday's with Fish, Tuesdays with Tommy...and...I guess we'd need to invent a new day of the week for Derek and Alec Wink.

In seriousness though FGOTD is what it is because of you so don't fret too much about decisions, just go with what makes sense to you!
That's a good idea. But then it would have to be on the main page. If you can get Derek to do that, then great. I guess I'll do weekends, then.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic