Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 06:42:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAre people ever satisfied with rpgmaker games?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Are people ever satisfied with rpgmaker games?  (Read 19394 times)
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »

We should start a Gladiator Pit forum and just have people fuckin' THROW DOWN.  Game Maker vs. RPG Maker vs. Multimedia Fusion vs. Lions.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »

We should start a Gladiator Pit forum and just have people fuckin' THROW DOWN.  Game Maker vs. RPG Maker vs. Multimedia Fusion vs. Lions.

I would so throw down in such a pit.
mechacrash
Level 1

It's almost like I'm actually being productive!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »

i just gotta say... what is even happening... you've completely diverted from the original title, again, and it seems as if your supporting someone who is even newer than me... and obviously more pathetic.

I dont see how someone who came onto this topic with only his second post can mouth off and act like a fool on a forum, i have my own forum myself and also have to put up with this sort of stupidity... its annoying.

I have got a license for RMXP its not that much of a sum when your really aiming for commercial game development, i do have gamemaker and prefer RMXP over it, thats just my opinion but that still doesnt give you the liability to be a moron and contradict that.

Can we now please carry on with what we were meant to be talking about and forget the spam wars, i hate putting up with the moronic turds that act like that.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2008, 02:19:55 AM »

kids today

Corpus
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2008, 04:16:48 AM »

Well, for the sake of answering topic itself, I can be neither satisfied or dissatisfied with RPG maker games, because I make a point of avoiding them completely. I've always got the impression that almost everything made with it is amateurish (usually beyond amateurish and just plain awful) and that the community associated with it consists largely of immature weeaboos. I'm not taking the piss - that's really the impression I get. Perhaps this is a huge misconception on my part.

Also, I just don't really enjoy many RPGs. They're simply not EarthBound.

EDIT: This isn't meant to make me seem terribly clever, and neither is it intended to incite a riot. Perceptions of RPG maker games, especially those, such as my own, that cause the perceiver to avoid them completely, are, in my opinion, very relevant in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:18:19 AM by Corpus » Logged
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2008, 08:00:16 PM »

What Corpus said. Pretty much himthinks = methinks.

mechacrash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2008, 04:11:15 AM »

no i completely understand... as i said before there are so many bad RM games out there that it doesnt get even a second glance... the only reason i use it is for the coding and its pre-built audio / graphic engine for ruby... after all its hard to get that for ruby.

overall i dont really like rmxp games myself... im not even much of an rpg fan, but ruby itself is a brilliant code and when used correctly and with the right tools you can make something decent... which is why i use it.

i only asked if people were satisfied with rmxp games because i ddint want someone to complain if they found out i was using rmxp.

Corpus
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2008, 05:09:55 AM »

Oh, heh. Well, if it's good, it doesn't matter what you used to make it. Just don't advertise it as an RPGmaker game Grin
mechacrash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2008, 07:51:45 AM »

haha... well im currently working on LEGALLY hacking (yes there is a legal form of it) the game.exe.

hopefully ill be able to remove almost all traces of rmxp except of course the encryption method it uses... no way am i gonna let anyone use my scripts without the ability to decode them!

Zaphos
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »

Really?  Usually a EULA will forbid all reverse engineering.
Corpus
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2008, 12:33:21 AM »

Rather than go to all that trouble, why don't you just make your own engine?
mechacrash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2008, 03:21:54 AM »

Enterbrain give you the license to edit the RGSS102E.dll to a small extent so that you can rebuild or improve the systems within it. This way you can decompress it and change teh virtual key strings and dialogues within it. Another thing to note is that you cannot legally edit the code within the game.exe but you can however change its name and icon if you know how.

also, refering to the engin question; because i dont have the knowledge to do so... im 14 years old currently revising and taking my GCSEs. Its not that easy as it is.

A standard engine takes a long time to build and i dont have any idea where i can find decent graphics and audio libraries that i can sell along with my game commercially. The only thing ive ever found that is coded in a half-decent and easy code (ruby is teh bestest <- nto a misspelling) is RMXP. Also by using the windows API commands (Win32API.new(dllname,dllfunction,[argument1,argument2,...],returntype)) i can call almost any standard windows function easily (e.g. i can do anything C++ can do but on an easier to understand level of coding with its own libraries, distribution license, compiler, encryption methods and many more). Its just the best choice for my current situation. But then as i said. I may learn how to make an audio and graphics library later on and use raw ruby code to make a game in the future... who knows XD

Also im making a sort of completely rebuilt engine for RMXP games. Its what my games are gonna run off of so once thats done all my games can be built really quickly. Its current on version 0.2 build 11 / 0.2.11, and its coming along really well... also i made it stop alot of standard lag problems and im rewriting alot of classes within rpgmaker. After this is compelete (give me a month or two to work out the standard classes and such) many people wont even recognise the games i build. Im currently working on a demo of this engine with a friend, think crimson room but completely hand drawn. I hope itll be cool XD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic