Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:16:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[PRE-ALPHA DEMO] My Neighbor Who Once Was a Doctor but Then Became a Farmer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: [PRE-ALPHA DEMO] My Neighbor Who Once Was a Doctor but Then Became a Farmer  (Read 11586 times)
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2017, 01:55:15 PM »

I do like those physics- looks like a ton of fun!

You were talking about furniture being mostly decorative. Perhaps you could tie having nice stuff to his mood somehow?
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 02:12:55 AM »

I do like those physics- looks like a ton of fun!

You were talking about furniture being mostly decorative. Perhaps you could tie having nice stuff to his mood somehow?

Funny you said that, because that is exactly what we were planning to do in the early stage of development. However we decided to scrap mood & hunger stats from the game as they felt unnecessary and did not work well with the game mechanics. The game isn't designed fully yet, so we might make those furniture more useful. Thanks!
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »

Oh yeah, by the way here is new game's logo/title screen.

Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »

And here we see a chef of a local dinner casually smoking. This is the place where you'll sell all of your homemade "edible" atrocities.

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2017, 10:08:31 PM »

looking delicious my man. keep grinding.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2017, 04:29:54 AM »

I just realised that the main character reminds me of Jim and Hilda Bloggs from "Where the Wind Blows".

Actually, the setting kind of looks like it comes from the second half of that book too
bigosaur
Level 1

Bigosaur.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2017, 11:40:21 PM »

I love the graphics and the game idea looks so silly that it would be actually fun to play it. Can't wait to try it out.
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »

looking delicious my man. keep grinding.

Thanks dude.

I just realised that the main character reminds me of Jim and Hilda Bloggs from "Where the Wind Blows".

Actually, the setting kind of looks like it comes from the second half of that book too

There are no nuclear explosions though.  Smiley

I love the graphics and the game idea looks so silly that it would be actually fun to play it. Can't wait to try it out.

Thank you!
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2017, 07:50:37 AM »

Very nice logo.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »

There are no nuclear explosions though.  Smiley
That's actually reassuring Smiley
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »

Very nice logo.

Thanks!
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2017, 12:16:32 PM »

Dark and damp cave, a place where you'll find resources for you handmade machinery and buildings.

Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »

It seems like forever since we posted our last post on TIGSource. But we've been workig hard adding lot's of new stuff to the game, like: fishing, dungeon exploring, crafting; but more on that later.

We also added 8 new characters, which brings a total of 14, each with their own personality, walking patterns and dialogues.

The town is redesigned as well, now it's bigger, wackier... also there is a dump.

Finally we added tasks, which are given to you by the townspeople. This gives a little bit more of a varied gameplay, since now not only you have to take care of your farm, but also help townspeople out with their problems. Huzzah

More to come and in the meantime here is a sneak peek of a new town:
flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »

finally an update. looking juicy, still loving the contrast. characters are all quickly recognizable. keep it  Hand Money Left 100 Hand Money Right

are the quests/tasks part of a larger narrative or is it more procedurally friendly?

Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2018, 04:12:54 PM »

finally an update. looking juicy, still loving the contrast. characters are all quickly recognizable. keep it  Hand Money Left 100 Hand Money Right

are the quests/tasks part of a larger narrative or is it more procedurally friendly?

Thanks dude.

There isn't an in-depth narrative that develops as you progress in the game.
The short story is: You destroy town's hospital and now it's your responsibility to rebuild. But you can't do it all on your own and so you need a helping hand for the townspeople. But they are not willing to help you since, of course, you destroyed their hospital (it's like and endless loop), and so you need to get your reputation back. That's where tasks fit in. Basically you complete random tasks, given out by the townspeople, to restore your reputation. You choose when and which tasks to complete.
Alce
Level 0

Twitter: @Alce_X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2018, 11:12:34 AM »

Town looks charming and tasks seems like a pretty good idea! What kind of activies will you have to carry out for the tasks though?

Aspiring chilean game dev. Likes artsy/experimental stuff.
dT_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 12:11:38 PM »

Wow, looks cool, man! Did you make animations with programming way? O_O

Follow me on twitter. I'll follow you too C:
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2018, 01:14:27 AM »

Town looks charming and tasks seems like a pretty good idea! What kind of activies will you have to carry out for the tasks though?

Thank you! There will be various tasks like clean the town, catch a fish that only swims by at certain moment or find a hidden object somewhere in the town. These are simple Animal Crossing like tasks to knock you off of your regular routine.

Wow, looks cool, man! Did you make animations with programming way? O_O

Thanks dude. We use a program called Spine to animate, it helped to save a lot of time.
Kuchenjaeger
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »

You are some god damn creative maniacs.
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2018, 01:01:56 PM »

I was just about to resurrect this thread myself to say I finally watched Children of the Corn. Spooky shnazz.  Blink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic