Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 01:38:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904596 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »

Man those are some awe-inspiring graphics, but the gameplay looks very shooterish, almost like Bioshock or sth.
Concerned

Also, Bethsoft still sucks at animations.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »

This level has inspired my future level design career. I love designing levels more than anything in the whole field of game design... unless you count music, that tops it.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:50 PM »

That bookcase begs to be climbed.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »

elite beat agents. 

somebody really needs to get on doing a random public reenactment of the last two stages of it by the way.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »

elite beat agents. 

somebody really needs to get on doing a random public reenactment of the last two stages of it by the way.

Mega64 did that:

BoxedLunch
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2011, 07:59:48 PM »

elite beat agents. 

Mega64 did that:

i mean better. like get somebody to randomly call for help in the middle of public and have 3 guys show up, with people to do all of the in between bits. pretty much like this, but in a way that is achievable:

Nitromatic
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2011, 01:26:39 AM »

Sexy picture of nice level, don't you agree?
I love designing levels more than anything in the whole field of game design... unless you count music, that tops it.

For some reason, I always compose music first before making levels. Sometimes it doesn't fit, sometimes it does. Can't help it, I just love doing so. Kiss
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2011, 08:31:43 AM »

Sexy picture of nice level, don't you agree?
I love designing levels more than anything in the whole field of game design... unless you count music, that tops it.

For some reason, I always compose music first before making levels. Sometimes it doesn't fit, sometimes it does. Can't help it, I just love doing so. Kiss

I dunno how I'll go about that, I have yet to design a level for a game that isn't a mod.

Filth
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

Just finished Deus Ex.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks
before emperors, but today we kneel only to
truth..."
laserdracula
Level 0

Get ON my plane!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »

Zanac Neo.  Awesome sequel to the classic Compile shmup.

Nix
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »

I just got Magicka. It's pretty awesome (and I would love to play online if anyone's interested)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »

I picked up Wild Arms 3 for $6 at the flea market. Much improved over the second one! The way the animated introduction keeps changing as you progress in the game is a little unsettling, but in a good way - it keeps reminding me that things don't stay the same.

Trying to get all the OCD flags in World of Goo. I'm up to chapter 3, Super Fuse Timed Challenge.
dEnamed
Level 4

Bored was AmnEn.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »

Been playing through the Fear Series and have gotten to Perseus Mandate so far. Somehow, the level design of this series is quite odd. On one side, you've bland looking rooms and boring layouts, action sequences are always followed by horror sequences in a way where you can predict them.
On the other hand, there are some very creative leveldesigns, most of the time when the horror sequences start. Maps coming apart, areas changing while you're not looking, great scripted sequences and just general psychedelic parts.
And then its back to boring standard trigger based spawns and copypaste hallways. I just don't get the design decisions behind this.

Obviously of demonic ancestry. In that case, can I get my wings please?
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »

- Donkey Kong '94: still playing this, I'm glad I never played it too much back in the day because I'm enjoying it like a new game Kiss Such an awesome puzzle-platformer. The music is nice, especially on later levels.

- Dead or Alive: Dimensions: Nice fighter, not like Tekken at all after all. Can get too button-mashy, you're not really encouraged to use most of your moveset as long as you mix your low/mid/high attacks. I love that it discourages canned combos, it's quite refreshing. Nice visuals also. Awful soundtrack, that's the only thing it shares with the Tekken games Durr...?
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »

Playing a metroidvania by Buster (who made Akuji the Demon) called Hydra Castle Labyrinth. It's hella addicting especially when you make your own challenges every playthrough. Right now, I'm going for a minimal run for under 50% completion, and I'm stuck on the 4th boss (Gyra, underwater boss), which is made hard due to lack of double jump, flippers or subweapons. It's the greatest platforming challenge I've encountered so far. And it's the only boss in the game whose AI deludes me O.o
iffi
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »

TF2 and Vindictus (I recently maxed out all my skills on my main character in Vindictus... I think I've been playing too much).
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »

TF2!
Any good servers with player caps below 32? These hectic-as-fuck servers I'm getting in 'Play Now' are no good for romantic trists.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »

Realm of the Mad God. Free flash MMORPG, sort of a bullet hell meets Diablo sort of vibe. Originated in TIG's very own Assembly competition. I'm finding it insanely addictive. Finally managed to get a couple of characters to level 20 and unlock the Necromancer, but I keep dying when I'm level 18 or 19, which leads to a temporary rage-quit most of the time (since your character and equipment are basically gone when you die).

BoxedLunch
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »

TF2, sucks that the surf server i go on is pretty much constantly full for the time being.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »

Ma ma ma Magickaa, TF2, and Earthbound. I wanna get a 3ds though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic