Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:15:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904544 times)
Nitromatic
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »

Does anyone play Soldat anymore? I would love to play with TIGgers!
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »

I'm playing Breath of Fire 3. It's actually pretty funny, and doing a good job of making it feel like I'm literally bumbling through everything. Cheesy

JoGribbs
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2011, 01:54:46 PM »

Just beat Portal 2 and am having odd thoughts about it. The plot is much better when you know which story beats are coming when. The first time round I just kept feeling disappointed in it all. Particularly Wheatley's turn and the constant attempts to make GlaDOS a sympathetic character. When I reflect back on it I go 'oh wow that was really deep and well thought out', but when I was playing I just didn't enjoy it intrinsically. It is like the reverse of JJ Abram's Star Trek.

Oh and the puzzles were amazing (particularly co-op)
BoxedLunch
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »

TF2, sucks that the surf server i go on is pretty much constantly full for the time being.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who likes to surf in TF2. all my friends think I'm lame....
I used to surf on advanced servers, but the one i used went away for some reason. But the server i go on is really good if you want a good place to micspam or listen to spams.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »

Re installed morrorwind, the game really need big streamlining pass. With a guide I was able to streamline stat into 3 core variable without losing depth which is more readable and allow more informed decision. It's really only the interface that need a treatment aside from this. Also I would not allow skills to be choose directly, but more slowly through the game (or along an initial quest) so you know what each does and make inform decision.
Birth sign and race I don't have a quick answer yet, they are too many and need a better presentation to know their impact.

Nix
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »

TF2!
Any good servers with player caps below 32? These hectic-as-fuck servers I'm getting in 'Play Now' are no good for romantic trists.

the CvG servers are good
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2011, 01:39:21 AM »

Spiral Knights. Better than I expected.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »

I wanted to play some Gmod SB3. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get everything updated and working properly. This had better end up worth the trouble  WTF
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »

Alice: Madness Returns. It is very colourful, strange, and excellent. A bit buggy, moments of console-port-ishness, but redeemed by the huge amount of content and creativity on display.

TF2 a bit but I always take time off for a short time after updates.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
BoxedLunch
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »

Alice: Madness Returns. It is very colourful, strange, and excellent. A bit buggy, moments of console-port-ishness, but redeemed by the huge amount of content and creativity on display.
I really enjoyed that game, but you're right it is a bit buggy, and there are several spots where i wondered what the hell they were doing when designing certain levels. i'm not an expert on that kind of thing, but there were several platforms in range of me, and i'd usually jump to them in order to dodge attacks from larger enemies. thing is, the platforms often don't exist, so you fall right through things that you should obviously be able to stand on. if they were going to place those things in the game, at least make them usable, or obviously too difficult to get at.

The game definitely wasn't a disappointment, although i felt the game seemed short even with the longer levels. I really liked how the themes of most of the levels are shown in the sections beforehand, although it didn't often hit me until i actually in the level. Anyway, i don't really understand why the game is getting the crap that it is.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »

Well, it's somewhat repetitive, somewhat strange, and somewhat buggy.
So I can generally see where the criticism comes from.

But most of the complaints I have heard are odd when you look at them sideways
It's too easy/hard? On the higher difficulties, it's brutal and excellent, because you actually have to change up your weapons and dodge properly. On the lower difficulties, well, maybe too easy, but that's what they're for.
It's a console port? Aside from having to remap the keys (which I do anyway) and not realizing the equip screen uses arrow keys and not mouse, I haven't had a single problem on that front
It's too short/long? 15-20 hours is a great length. And it consistently brings new stuff throughout. We've come to accept that games are short as hell and have to be sudden and constant thrill rides start to finish, or are massive long haul adventures that create playtime through repetition.
Too much mindless collecting? Never really had a problem with it back when the 3D platformer was king, still don't. I can see why people might, but it isn't vital to find everything. I do wish it was clearer about what unlocks what in terms of unlockable content, but so it goes.

I miss the days when 10-40 hours was the standard, I don't like beating games in a single sitting  Concerned

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »

Currently playing Lemmingball Z (first time it's ever worked on any PC I've owned,) Just Cause 2, Shadows of the Damned, and if I can get back to it, The Witcher.

Had to pick up Just Cause 2, as Gamersgate had it available for $5 over the weekend.

Just out of the dungeon in chapter 2 of the Witcher, but haven't played it for a week. Gotta finish SotD before my free time opens up enough.
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »

Moar and moar and moar Team Fortress 2.
Mhaine
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:35 AM »

Starcraft 2 and MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. SC2 seems to be quite better than it was last year, but I cannot say the same for MTG2012. Too many luck dependent decks for my taste. Ancient Depths is pretty fun though.
Sabby
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »

Considering going back through Cave Story, actually.
Taiko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »

Cooking Mama for iPhone and Team Fortress 2.  Thinking about getting a PS3 so I can finally try out Noby Noby Boy.
PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »

Been playing Team Fortress 2 like no other. Also hoping to check in Gmod again to see what's new, but haven't got the time.
Nix
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

I've been playing a ton of tf2 as well. Not sure why I waited for the f2p to get back into it (i've owned it for a while), but I seem to be a lot better than I was last time I went on a tf2-streak.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »

Yeah, the influx of froobs has made me look good at TF2 too. Bummer though that so many like to play heavy.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »

Yeah, the influx of froobs has made me look good at TF2 too. Bummer though that so many like to play heavy.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic