Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 07:43:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Main Characters
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Main Characters  (Read 288900 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: June 16, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »

This isn't MUGEN. The game's open-source, so people can modify it as much as they want, but custom characters are not going to be a built-in feature.

shig
« Reply #1021 on: June 16, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »

Another feature added to the to-do list for Perfect World version.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 17, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »

I didn't meant like Mugen that has a limitated custom characters slots. what i mean is just ONE slot that says "Custom" and it'll display the custom characters list. sorry if yesterday i didn't express myself well but this was my initial idea  Tongue

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »

The way I see it, the only way you'll have your character put in this game is if you actually MAKE a game with that character and the game is good enough to be deemed a slot in the updated edition.

And exactly what do you mean by "custom" characters, anyway?
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »

imagine someone who uses 3 weeks for creating a hall new character and then wants to put him on the game without replacing an official character. that's what i mean with "custom". (I also wrote something about custom characters a few posts ago. you should be really paing attention ^^)

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 17, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »

Here's my take on how the system could work.
1. Someone wants a character in IB.
2. That someone actually makes a GOOD indie game with that character.
3. People who like the game suggest it to folks like Soulliard.
4. The character gets put in the game at a later date.

But the main point is, nobody's getting put in this game if they don't already have a game to represent. If you want to play as Doctor Crazypants, you actually have to make a game called Doctor Crazypants and the Mad Monster Machine. And it has to be a good game too, or ironically good at least *coughsexyhikingcough*.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1026 on: June 17, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »

Sir Raptor's more or less right. If someone takes the time to completely animate,code and balance a character, I'll be a lot more open to including it, though. Smiley

As far as custom characters go- if someone's familiar enough with the game to add characters to it, they will be able to modify the menu, too. MUGEN-style sharing is not going to happen, since it requires character data to be entirely stored in separate files.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 17, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

Let's not forget that the character should be create with a good moveset or else it will end up support  Well, hello there!

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

i was thinkin of Quote, Sumotori and The Kid when i had this idea. Characters that are denied and/or not planned to be included for one or more reasons :/ . i guess i'll wait until someone do something like my idea...

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 19, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »

this will sound weird for some people but has anyone suggested the Viking from "Viking Bazooka Bloodbath Reloaded"  Well, hello there!? he has a perfect movelist for the game and will fit in really fast. i'm not gonna say who's the creator of the game  Roll Eyes

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: June 19, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »

Heh heh. I like you.

The game's really not very well-known, though, and it's nowhere near the level of quality as the games the other characters come from.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 19, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »

He also has very few melee attacks. I could potentially see him as a TIGBoxer, though.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 19, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »

I still think we should all take a trip to Kyoto and stand outside Pixel's door until he lets us use Cave Story-related material.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Ryavis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:20 PM »

That sounds like such an incredibly bad idea that there is no way it could possibly not work.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1034 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

The only problem is that pixel isn't the guy we need to talk to. It's all Nicolis's fault. (I probably spelled that wrong but oh well.)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 20, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »

I still think we should all take a trip to Kyoto and stand outside Pixel's door until he lets us use Cave Story-related material.
The only problem is that pixel isn't the guy we need to talk to. It's all Nicolis's fault. (I probably spelled that wrong but oh well.)
there's a hall discussion about this theme of Quote and Cave Story in general. Soulliard can probably add him in a couple of minutes if he wanted, but we don't have permission. Nintendo don't give a fuck about us or any fan project related to one of their sagas. sure we can add him and say "tis r fun stuf hurr!" but it'll break the spirit of the game and won't feel good. btw, is Nicalis.

Heh heh. I like you.

The game's really not very well-known, though, and it's nowhere near the level of quality as the games the other characters come from.
Not well known? "VBB Reloaded" is one of the most addictive games i've ever played. the only games i can compare with are "Fantastic Blood Boy" and "Spelunky" (IT IS ADICTIVE DEREK!) so i don't see the problem. plus we got a tasty movelist:
-A(bazooka melee hit): self explain.
->A(bazooka melee rush): the viking goes forward hiting like he does on the game.
-vA(explosive hit): the viking hits the ground creating a explosion. if it's done on the air you go downwards.
-^A(bazooka melee jump): self explain.
-S(im chargin mah lazir): self explain.
->S(Shotgun Lazir): self explain.
-vS(Spike bombs): the viking shoot some spike bombs that explodes after a short time.
-^S(im chargin mah lazir downwards): the viking shoots the laser downwards impulsing him up.
you can't say this won't work  Hand Knife Right Noir

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1036 on: June 20, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

I didn't say it wasn't fun. I've heard it's great fun to play.  Smiley

But it only has 1000 or so plays, which is pretty small, even by indie standards. Not exactly surprising, considering it was made in just a few weeks.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:15 PM »

i was at pixel prospector yesterday and i downloaded an awesome game with an awesome character wich has a lot of potential: Mina from "Super Vampire Ninja Zero". i imagine her movelist like:
-A (Slashes): combines Strong slashes and fast slashes. pretty similar to how Xoda attacks on this game. ( http://nerdiest-kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/svnz1.jpg )
->A (Powerful Kick): Mina does a kick wich has low damage but has a powerful knockback.
-^A (Full Moon Slash): basically is a slash that throw players upwards. ( http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DmXtrf-1Two/SyQTZWj_KTI/AAAAAAAAAI4/aMfwq-Py8yE/s320/svnz-1.png )
-vA (Strong Slash): Mina does a powerful slash very similar to her special technique (exept the fact this is only 1 slash instead of 3).
-S (Dash): Mina dashes forward hiting everything on her way. ( http://playthisthing.com/files/gamenodeimages/phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpeg )
->S (Special Tech): Mina does her special tech wich consist in 3 slashes that have low knockback but high damage. ( http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8470/specialt.png )
-^S (Full moon and kick jump): Mina does a Full moon attack that impulses her up and then does a kick. ( http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/821/fullmoonjump.png )
-vS (Powerful Upper Kick): Mina does a diagonally up kick wich is like a combination of a Liukan and Kenshiro Kick. ( http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9528/upperkick.png )

i posted the images for people who haven't played the game but you gotta admit the movelist sounds nice. even if she's a ninja she'll be very different from Nikujin. why? she's supposed to be fast, not powerful (plus she's wearing some clothes. that makes her completely different o.o).

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: June 26, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

That actually looks like a pretty fun game, though I've never heard of it before. Is it actually finished?

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 26, 2010, 04:17:17 PM »

I believe so.

However, my worry is that soon people will start poring through Pixel Prospector and the indie database asking "Can this be in IB? Can THIS be in IB?"
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 64
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic