Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58441 Members - Latest Member: Amit Kumar

May 02, 2024, 11:40:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNomad Fleet (Space RTS / PC, Mac and Linux)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Nomad Fleet (Space RTS / PC, Mac and Linux)  (Read 7334 times)
Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 04:54:57 PM »

Ok, so the fighters (interceptors and bombers) are very small so they are hard to see specially in battle so I modified them so they show their icons when they look too small. In that way the player will have a better idea of where his smaller ships are:

I also fixed a bug where the icons and UI had some sort of lag compared to the real position of the ships.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:00:24 PM by Lautaro » Logged

My Steam games:

Beastmancer -- Nomad Fleet
Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »

For anyone that doesn't have time to try my prototype (or doesn't want to) I made a short video showing the basic gameplay. Of course, it's no trailer just something quick that I hope makes the gameplay clear to anyone (I would probably have to recruit someone to care about marketing though because that's clearly not one of my talents):

I also have a Twitter account for the project now: https://twitter.com/NomadFleet

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 11:08:01 AM »

Implementing some obstacle avoidance now. I have to say I feel like a juggler when I work with steering behaviours, fix (hold) one and break (drop) five... but I think I'm starting to get it.

Check the video and give me your opinion if you want:

My Steam games:

koiwai
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »

Maybe, the fighters can start changing their course not all at the same moment, but independently? Also, I think, it would look more lively if the trajectories are slightly randomized.

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking of creating something like a "turbulence steering behaviour". I'm still a noob regarding steering behaviours though so for now I only know how to move the vehicles not rotating them.

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »

I'm working in an alien light carrier now. The ship itself was easy to code but I had to modify the Enemy Fleet AI so it orders the carriers to build extra ships to compensate for it's losses:

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 01:06:59 PM »

Working in the human carrier now. The idea is that you will have a limit to the fighters you can support but you can augment that cap by building aditional carriers (of course, there will be a limit to the number of carriers too).

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »

I'm working in the Pirate Faction now.

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 09:57:06 PM »

Some new features and content that I'm working on now:

Building Capital Ships:

Other gifs (I post the links to not make the page so heavy):

Docking

Fighting Pirates

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »

Experimenting a bit with PBR (click the images for bigger picture):

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 09:20:01 PM »

Testing some laser corvettes now:

I would like to change their behaviour so they orbit an enemy instead of just getting in range (like the capital ships) so I'll keep testing for now.

My Steam games:

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »

Just seeing this now -- I'm a sucker for anything in space, so consider your project followed.  We're actually using the same artist's work as placeholders, heh.  Everything's looking great so far!  I absolutely adore the warp in effect but I think the laser beams in the latest gif should hold for a little big longer.

How did you draw the grid for your tactical view (around the 45 second mark in your video)?  I'm also using Unity and can't figure it out for the life of me -- line renderer rotates the lines and a giant texture loses its crispness.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »

Thanks. The grid is actually a small texture tiled like 500 times. I tried with lines made with Vectrosity but I wasn't happy with the results and performance.

My Steam games:

Guildencrantz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »

Wow, the amount of ambition in the project is incredible! I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to see an indie take on Homeworld, I guess I should have figured someone was already working on one Smiley
If the prototype is anything to go by, then the finish article is going to be immense.
Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »

Thanks, I'm not the only one doing something like that though. There are other Space RTS in development now (one called Shallow Space is even more ambitious).

At first I was worried that my first PC project was too ambitious but after stripping some features from the original idea (multiplayer, modding, etc) it seems much more achievable and right now I'm pretty sure that I can finish it during this year.

My Steam games:

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53:04 PM »

Hey buddy, I'm previewing your prototype for absolutehell.net and must say its fantastic. Keep it up you'll see my post soon Smiley.
Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »

Hey buddy, I'm previewing your prototype for absolutehell.net and must say its fantastic. Keep it up you'll see my post soon Smiley.

Thanks a lot, man. I welcome any attention and feedback.

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 11:23:00 AM »

I added new playable versions (check the IndieDB page or the playtesting thread for the links).

These versions include new levels where I show the trading mechanic, new ships, saving and loading and salvaging an abandoned outpost. Now I'm working in new levels and adding randomness to them.

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 09:29:09 PM »

I'm putting more effort in the marketing so now I have an Official Website and a trailer:

I hope you like them.

My Steam games:

Lautaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 07:58:42 AM »

I started a Steam Greenlight campaign!

If the project looks interesting to you, please support it at: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427297728

Thanks!

My Steam games:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic