Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411715 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 01:58:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWasted Lands - oldschool arcade RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wasted Lands - oldschool arcade RPG  (Read 540 times)
wilQ
« on: April 28, 2016, 12:10:59 AM »

Wasted Lands

hello Everyone!
So i've started my first side project Wasted Lands (working title). I'm workin on my own on this game. Basicaly im a Concept Artist with no programing background. But i've started to play with Game Maker and messing around with GML language and hey it wasn't so bad after all. This is how this projest started.

Main character:

Here are some concepts:

screen without gif compresion:

STORY
Our Hero lives deep beneath the graound with the rest remnant of humanity. He has a sword and a huge appetite for adventure!
Story isnt set at the moment, but its gonna be dark, underground themes full of mystary and some magic.
Im gonna update this section whene im gonna know more!

and first GIF:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:04:23 AM by wilQ » Logged
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 12:51:54 AM »

Really nice! You should definitely try to team up with a programer, there's a lot of potential here!

bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »

Agreeing with Fenrir, the art is lovely. Though the sword swing feels a little... odd. I think it's the little hop. He had such a hard time lifting the sword, but now he's jumping a little? It looks better in the gameplay gif where it looks a little faster though, maybe I'm just looking too closely at it.

It sounds like you're making really awesome progress if you've already got him running around in a scene. Keep at it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic