Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411618 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:11:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLet's Talk Serious
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk Serious  (Read 11320 times)
Ant
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »

hey

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »

If you hate Gone Home because it doesn't solve problems for lesbians in Cuba than you must fucking abhor Call of Duty and Madden.  Tell us about those next, please.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »

If you hate Gone Home because it doesn't solve problems for lesbians in Cuba than you must fucking abhor Call of Duty and Madden.  Tell us about those next, please.

Yes I would like to hear about your views on this as well.

Life sucks and then you die.
MrBones
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2014, 03:42:36 PM »

hey dude

the return
jolene
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »

don't worry i'm not going to be here for that long
Dragonmaw
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »

it's like you want to be taken seriously but you can't avoid bashing gone home for more than a few sentences.

i mean really? maybe if you wanna be taken seriously you shouldn't, idk, bash a game and assume there's a CONSPIRACY just because you disliked a thing other people liked. all you do by yelling about gone home or depression quest becoming A Thing is reveal your underlying motive: that you don't want people to make games outside of what you personally consider a "game." guess what: fuck you.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »

One of them, an indie developer named Paul Hubans, has had all of his friends and contacts abandon him after questioning the legitimacy of the Indie Games Festival, and he is possibly blacklisted.

ha

hahahahahahahhahahhahah

I just want to make it clear that this was completely overblown. A couple of people who Paul wasn't even that close to personally unfollowed him on Twitter and that's about it. His rest of his friends who didn't like the video simply explained to him why.

Full disclosure: I am Paul's friend, co-worker, lover, and grandmother.
ink.inc
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/s2Y6Dem.png

http://i.imgur.com/M8oQa8H.jpg

#phubansgate
#checkthosedates
#yuluminati
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:11:35 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »

#GrandmotherGate WAKE UP SHEEPLE

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »

One of them, an indie developer named Paul Hubans, has had all of his friends and contacts abandon him after questioning the legitimacy of the Indie Games Festival, and he is possibly blacklisted.

ha

hahahahahahahhahahhahah

I just want to make it clear that this was completely overblown. A couple of people who Paul wasn't even that close to personally unfollowed him on Twitter and that's about it. His rest of his friends who didn't like the video simply explained to him why.

Full disclosure: I am Paul's friend, co-worker, lover, and grandmother.

That's correct. I even made a video in hopes of clearing this up a little more. For those who don't feel like watching a 10 minute long video of my ugly mug talking: Basically what happened was I shared a video about corruption in the IGF. It resonated with me because of long-standing suspicions I had. I wasn't really aware of the whole GamerGate movement behind it at that point, so I had no idea the can of worms that I was about to open with that. In lieu of posting the video, I immediately saw some subtweets directed at me (those are tweets people are obviously making about you, but without mentioning you) and immediately lost two followers. These were two people within a group of friends I used to hang out in Skype calls and play video games with. Later on Phil Fish dropped me from his Twitter after saying, "good job, paul." I immediately became concerned that I had compromised my relationship with all of them by posting the video and not being sensitive or cognizant to the fact that it related to them in some way, as well as their friends. I think I probably did violate their trust and irrevocably damage our friendship and any future possibility of working with them, but I think it might be a bit of a hyperbole for me to say I was driven out of the game industry as a whole. But at the same time, these people meant a lot to me. I don't think anyone at TIGJam, GDC, or any of the related events will ever look at me in the same way again.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:00:17 PM by phubans » Logged

Colon Semicolon
Level 2

GREAT WARLORD ATLUS SAN

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2014, 07:44:43 PM »

hey dude, it's ok that you don't like "gone home" but going through enormous lengths to hate it by saying willfully ignorant things like coming out isn't a problem for LGBT people (first world and third world) is disgusting.
That's a really shitty thing to say and it's reaching pretty hard. I'm saying that if you're gonna change people's minds, do it right and not sit on the internet yelling in a fucking echobox. Go out and do shit for your community and people around you.

DINGLING DONGLE DORKS AGAIN ARE WE?
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »

That's a really shitty thing to say and it's reaching pretty hard.

It's not reaching all the way to theoretical Cuban lesbians though,
Colon Semicolon
Level 2

GREAT WARLORD ATLUS SAN

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

Is that actually relevant to the point or do you just need a reason to discredit the point that the internet is a pretty bad place to try and fix an issue with people who don't even use the internet for anything besides google and facebook?

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2014, 07:51:30 PM »

You argued that Gone Home is bad because it doesn't solve problems globally for any number of theoretical LGBT people in any number of theoretical countries, and you're accusing someone else of reaching and now coming up with silly reasons to discredit things.

So do you hate JRPGs, FPS games, and sidescrollers because they don't solve world problems?

Edit:  Not only did you whine that Gone Home didn't solve the problems of Cuban lesbians, you went further to say that Cuban lesbians have bigger problems to worry about like POISON.  What the fuck dude.  Where the fuck are you coming up with metrics to judge games if POISON existing in CUBA means that Gone Home can't be a good game
Colon Semicolon
Level 2

GREAT WARLORD ATLUS SAN

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »

Games in general can't solve world problems and probably never will. The only thing they really solve is calming nerves and getting people interested in accomplishing something within the game itself. The only game that MIGHT have done so is 'ring around the rosey' but that's long since lost the cultural meaning it had. Games that attempt such a thing are really just preaching to a choir and as made obvious, nobody cares about them and merely finds them humorous or boring.

I also like how you're taking very minor things that went with one word mentions and using them to frame your entire counter-argument by the way.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »

I also like how you're taking very minor things that went with one word mentions and using them to frame your entire counter-argument by the way.

I too like how I am taking the literal things you said and making you address their meaning
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »

if nobody cares about them, why are you so mad about something nobody cares about. don't you have anything better to do than be angry about things nobody cares about?

what a loser

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »

nobody cares about them and merely finds them humorous or boring.

Actually a lot of people care about media and art, specifically games, that address social or even personal issues.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »

"Nobody cares about these games that a lot of people seem to be making these days."  - Someone with their finger on the pulse of a creative medium.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »

So if no games can possibly affect social change in the world, why do you hate Gone Home?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic