Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 06:04:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] MEGA THUMB: DREAM MATCH [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] MEGA THUMB: DREAM MATCH [FINISHED]  (Read 16384 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »

DUDE WOW
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:07 AM »

Kiss
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »

This looks great!  You said you modeled this with just numbers point by point?!  Thats incredible, and incredibly nerdy My Word!.  The models looks incredibly well done!  Nice textures.

Edit: Just played the demo and this is even cooler than I thought. It controls so well, although the controls to move the perspective around are pretty wonky but I assumed those wont be used in game.  Now just add in the monkey swing (that secret cheating move where you use your index finger to pull grab their thumb)haha.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:22:29 AM by Nate (Caliber9) » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 05:50:25 PM »

FANTASTIC!

hi
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 03:39:27 PM »

new screens yay

a picture of the character editor and some semi ingame stuff of a snowy/foggy arena

Davioware
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »

I'm helping my brother work on this game, by the way. Drawing the base thumb textures and arena platform textures+ menu/title screen stuff. Also polishing and such.

I'm also the sound guy.
Here are a few tracks from the game.

Editor
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1010927/Music/Thumbzeditor.mp3

Tourney screen
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1010927/Music/tourneytheme.mp3

Main Theme:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1010927/Music/Thumbzmaintheme.mp3
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:53:54 PM by davioware » Logged

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »

I played a few rounds with my brother and it was pretty fun, however if you zoom in too much it inverts the screen I think there should be a limit to zooming. Also once someone is taken down by the other thumb they cant get up, usually in thumb wars and real wrestling there is a countdown from 10 for the match; I am curious to whether you will implement this.
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »

of course, that demo was just a really old version of the game with nothing except basic movements programmed, getting up and all that wasn't made yet, it was just to show what i had so far.
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »

almost done, should be done by saturday night, that is the deadline right , not in the morning Huh?  Beg
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 10:24:07 PM »

All done! maybe some minor updates later!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »

AI is unfair, I can't even beat the first guy.

guess ill have to wait till a friend comes over before i fully enjoy this. but every thing seems very well done and polished, very impressive
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »

AI was a pain to make, but i can assure you its beatable, i've gotten all the way to the end, it just takes practice, and their is a curve, although i guessed i started it too high, its easier as you get better, i wanted it to be more challenging instead of too easy.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »

I can't work out how the editor work, but I imagine it's a matter of practice. The AI also felt quite brutal to me.

The game looks amazing. I like all the colors. It would be a good idea if you could show the thumbs your selecting on the select screen.

Game's still ver fun, and I love the voice effect.

Nice job overall, very polished. Beer!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »

hmm try loading the 2nd slot, seeing how it works from there through the various edit modes should become evident, i neglected to say that only slots 1 and 2 have a char in them  Roll Eyes guess working till 3am to finish does that to ya  Tired

i was planning to add a preview of the thumb when you select, but it is construct and getting that to work would of meant copying over huge 3d engine code blocks, a number of objects and a bunch of other image manipulation crap over to the layouts containing object selection, then rigging them together, which i just didnt have time to do (didnt get the AI, menus,1p tournament, 2p and sound in till the last day, and those obviously were higher on the priority list)

Im very glad you enjoyed it :D, i hope my first released game makes an impression out there for myself and Construct :D

PS if any mods wondering why im reposting what Davioware had written ( if you could see deleted comments ) its cause he was signed in while i thought i was, hes my brother :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:37:51 PM by QuaziGNRLnose » Logged
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »

How the hell could I have possibly missed this one !
The concept and technical achievements are amazing. Everything is so polished, the 3D, the setting, the music !!!

Ahah

I love this one !

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »

Great graphics, lots of polish, I love the voices, they add to the overall arcade feel. I also think it's really hard and unfair, maybe it's more fun when played with another person. Technically very good!  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic