Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 12:51:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat is Superb Joe's friend phil fish up to these days?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: What is Superb Joe's friend phil fish up to these days?  (Read 9233 times)
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »

couldn't find the one Diddy's using. (he is a chimpanzee)
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »

Tails Miles Per Hour
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »

This seems like the best explanation so far, thank you.
However, that raises the question of how it can be prehensile. And furthermore: while chimpanzees are generally lighter and relatively stronger than a human, I find it hard to believe he would be able to support the weight of his entire body in this way (as he is seen doing hanging from hooks in Donkey Kong Country 2 and on).

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2016, 09:24:01 AM »

Let's not forget that 5 Kongs merge to form Donkeytron.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 09:28:14 AM »

can it fire in sprurts
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2016, 09:32:06 AM »

I hate the sin not the sinner.

Ralatedly: I'm really confused as to which simian species Diddy Kong is supposed to be. Most anatomical traits (and I seem to remember some official instruction booklet Lore on the character) indicate that he is a chimpanzee or less likely a bonobo, but then he has the tail which rules out any hominid.  His relative size to Donkey (clearly a gorilla) really only leaves the possibility of some kind of baboon, but considering as good as every facial feature, I feel like that's a stretch.

Would appreciate some help on this.

also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_monkey

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2016, 09:32:52 AM »

huh

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2016, 09:50:20 AM »

Let's not forget that 5 Kongs merge to form Donkeytron.

I wonder where lanky goes in the tron ...

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »

i have coeliac disease
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2016, 02:52:09 PM »

i have coeliac disease

:(
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »

its not that bad
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »

My friend's sister has it and some other health issues and she's had numerous intestinal surgeries and is constantly in severe discomfort.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »

My friend's sister has it and some other health issues and she's had numerous intestinal surgeries and is constantly in severe discomfort.
crohn's, ulcerative colitis, or the fucked up early onset diverticulitis as the wild card. if i stopped trolling this web site so much i could submit my crohn's research project for publishing much earlier lol
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 03:21:42 PM »

Crohn's I think, yeah.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2016, 07:21:31 AM »

omega 3s are vital in the diet and looking at all cause mortality or tertiary prevention of cvd is missing the forest for the trees. it's exactly like b12 recommendations being set based solely on the prevention of pernicious anaemia using evidence from before the development of the methylmalonic acid test. it has so many roles in human development and health, from cognitive function, photoreceptor development, eicosanoids including leukotrienes, etc.

I see your point and I agree that it's vital. What's less clear to me is if the omega 3/6 balance actually is an issue in practice for most people. My (admittedly fairly shallow) understanding is that the importance of omega3 was hyped because initial research indicated large general health effects of changing the balance. But that those effects seem to have mostly disappeared under further scrutiny. Which wouldn't make omega3 unimportant, just maybe not something clearly worth putting focus on if most people already are getting an acceptable omega 3/6 balance. But I haven't looked into the research in years, so I may indeed have missed some trees in that forest.

That said, I personally make sure to eat omega3 rich foods (mostly with the ALA chain) and also algae oil with the longer DHA/EPA chains.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:27:16 AM by Dacke » Logged

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2016, 08:02:47 AM »

omega 3s are vital in the diet and looking at all cause mortality or tertiary prevention of cvd is missing the forest for the trees. it's exactly like b12 recommendations being set based solely on the prevention of pernicious anaemia using evidence from before the development of the methylmalonic acid test. it has so many roles in human development and health, from cognitive function, photoreceptor development, eicosanoids including leukotrienes, etc.

I see your point and I agree that it's vital. What's less clear to me is if the omega 3/6 balance actually is an issue in practice for most people. My (admittedly fairly shallow) understanding is that the importance of omega3 was hyped because initial research indicated large general health effects of changing the balance. But that those effects seem to have mostly disappeared under further scrutiny. Which wouldn't make omega3 unimportant, just maybe not something clearly worth putting focus on if most people already are getting an acceptable omega 3/6 balance. But I haven't looked into the research in years, so I may indeed have missed some trees in that forest.

That said, I personally make sure to eat omega3 rich foods (mostly with the ALA chain) and also algae oil with the longer DHA/EPA chains.

if you ever get a chance to attend or watch a lecture or presentation by professor michael crawford, do it. ties together the evolutionary, neural, ocular, etc importance of fatty acids. read A quantum theory for the irreplaceable role of docosahexaenoic acid in neural cell signalling throughout evolution. it's unbelievably important to humans in a way that few will ever really appreciate

in terms of population level effects in free living humans, it's so hard to ever truly get a hold on significant effects there anyway because of how much error food frequency questionnaires entail. dietary assessment is an imprecise tool no matter what technique you use, and the level of imprecision in ffqs is pretty brutal. my old course leader for my undergraduate degree works with walter willett at the harvard school of public health a lot and it's amazing that they've gotten the results they have quite frankly.

when you introduce the regulatory matrix of factors affecting human health in free living humans, do i expect substitution of saturated fats with n-3 pufas to save everybody? no. but there's clear mechanistic evidence of its benefits, and the levels of inflammatory disease that accompany westernisation of the diet is insane. anyway i had a steak for dinner
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »

walter willett at the harvard school of public health a lot and it's amazing that they've gotten the results they have quite frankly

cool, the Nurses' Health Study is da bomb

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2016, 06:28:20 PM »

My diet is the worst but sometimes I lift weights and I've never played Fez
FK in the Coffee