Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:11:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPS Vita
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: PS Vita  (Read 32003 times)
brettchalupa
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

I didn't like how your fingers get in the way of viewing the game, does the back touch pad help with that?

If the game supports the back touch pad for specific function, then it helps. However, the problem with the rear touch pad is that you can't actually know where your fingers are. There is a loss of precision. Some games have an indicator that lets you know where you are touching.

Most games, that I have played, use each touch screen for a different purpose, not both for the same function.
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2012, 02:38:36 AM »

Got me a vita at the weekend, thought I'd come in here for some recommendations, only to find it now appears to be an iPod thread (getting a Touch soon, just for games).

Anyway, a big Vita selling point for me was the PSP downloads, I can finally play Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre (after disgaea 3), I've also stumbled across a game called Jeanne D'Arc, it's not in the UK store but I'm just wondering if it's available in the US, and therefore there's a chance we might get it in the UK?

Really enjoying the golf, but the game that's eating my time is Hustle Kings, I find the 'pot as many balls as you can' and the 'pot all the balls as fast as you can' mini games so addictive.

Overall, a sexy piece of kit.
brettchalupa
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »

Got me a vita at the weekend, thought I'd come in here for some recommendations, only to find it now appears to be an iPod thread (getting a Touch soon, just for games).

Anyway, a big Vita selling point for me was the PSP downloads, I can finally play Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre (after disgaea 3), I've also stumbled across a game called Jeanne D'Arc, it's not in the UK store but I'm just wondering if it's available in the US, and therefore there's a chance we might get it in the UK?

Really enjoying the golf, but the game that's eating my time is Hustle Kings, I find the 'pot as many balls as you can' and the 'pot all the balls as fast as you can' mini games so addictive.

Overall, a sexy piece of kit.

JDA is available on the US for Vita only if you purchase it on the PS3 and load it onto the Vita that way. There are a handful of titles that are yet to be put up as available for purchase on the Vita itself in all regions.

JDA may be available soon in UK and US for purchase on the Vita in the coming months. It's a bit of a strange thing they have going on, but if you have a PS3, you can purchase it on there and put it on your Vita from the PS3.
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »

Thanks for the info, that's good to know.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »

Holy crap, what's wrong with Mortal Kombat on Vita?

I'm no graphic whore, but those are sub-PSP models. Street Fighter, DOA and Tekken on 3DS look better than this, not to mention UMvC3 which is a launch Vita game.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2012, 05:09:18 AM »

Is the Vita getting DreamCast ports?  That looks atrocious.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2012, 06:33:16 AM »

im kinda pissed the vita doesn't support multiple psn accounts. now i cant play the psp games i bought on my US psn account i made so i can play US exclusives without deleting all my other data and restoring my vita to factory defaults first.

afaik sony's official reason is that they want to prevent "game sharing" but if that's such a big issue why do they let me do it on the ps3 without any problems? i'll never understand the policies of videogame companies.
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:20 AM »

Why did this thread remind me the Vita actually exists I never hear anything about the thing, and I can't think of a upcoming game, where is their marketing team on this thing?

I want to be excited about this thing.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2012, 09:10:21 AM »

There's always E3, I guess.

But yeah, it's a bit weird that PS3 is getting a new GoW, LittleBigPlanet Karting and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, while Vita isn't getting anything.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »

If the Playstation suite developer program works, it might become a nice indie console, I know this word doesn't mean anything on TIGSF anymore but hey

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2012, 01:57:12 AM »

they'd still need at least a few "mainstream" blockbuster hits to get a decent install base together. idk but if i sold my games i wouldn't want to make them for a platform no one uses
Uykered
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2012, 03:10:16 AM »

Is Wipeout and Ninja Gaiden Sigma good (I haven't played 3D one yet)?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »

they'd still need at least a few "mainstream" blockbuster hits to get a decent install base together. idk but if i sold my games i wouldn't want to make them for a platform no one uses
so you want to be EA ?

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »

I must admit, I'm a little bit surprised at how quickly Sony and U.S. retail are dropping the PSP in favor of the Vita, especially since the Vita isn't doing particularly well in stores. I spent some time shopping over the weekend, and couldn't help but notice that the PSP is essentially gone. The hardware itself was hard to find, and the games were being cleared out all over the place. In another month, used game stores are going to be the only retail establishments carrying the PSP.

The PSP had its issues, but I always thought it had an install base large enough to support development for the system. And I'm guessing that the situation is different in Japan. But at the same time, I can't help but be flustered by Sony's approach to supplanting it. This is the same company that pushed the PS1 and PS2 successfully several years after their successor's were on store shelves. Not the same situation, I know, but still.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2012, 11:06:23 AM »

especially since the Vita isn't doing particularly well in stores.
which isnt surprising because it doesnt have any games

i love the vita from a hardware standpoint but i'm rarely using mine atm which is kinda a shame.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

especially since the Vita isn't doing particularly well in stores.
which isnt surprising because it doesnt have any games

It's a little more than that. The Vita had a fairly solid launch line-up. What it doesn't have is a stable of first-party exclusive titles that were designed specifically for its hardware. In its first holiday season, the 3DS managed to get several such titles, and those helped to push its sales. Though the Vita has a decent number and quality of titles, a large number are simply ports of games available on the PS3.

The Vita is badly in need of games that can only be properly played on the Vita.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »

SONY is WRONG.
Their idea is to make AAA 3D games for a portable console.
Nintendo's idea of 2D, more casual games is more appealing.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »

The Vita had a fairly solid launch line-up. What it doesn't have is a stable of first-party exclusive titles that were designed specifically for its hardware
that's not what i would call a solid launch lineup.

also what happened to the idea of releasing at least one exclusive launch title with some kind of longevity or replay value to tide players over the post-launch release lull? right now the "biggest" vita game is uncharted which is a 6 hour linear cutscene fest. i mean i guess shinobido 2 has the longevity/replay value but that has a target audience of like 20 nerds in the west.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »

I can't bring myself to buy one at the moment. It has zero games I want to play that I can't play on my PS3. On the bright side, waiting means I can buy the white one that was announced recently Durr...?
brettchalupa
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »

Yeah, white Vita in the states is inevitable. For some reason the white Vita commercial made it look super slick.

I know we won't get this:

But I would totally import it if I didn't already own a Vita. Cry
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic