Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:52:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallcreate multiple membership for spam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: create multiple membership for spam  (Read 2421 times)
leekinhwa
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »

Just to lodge a report regarding a member abuse  his own profile for the seek of building outbound links for his website. (multiple anchor text point to same domain) and didn't contribute any post in this forum.

here he is  :   http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=11150 and http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=11532

He is SEO guy, his website is masterjohn .net

Thanks
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »

bots that report other bots?

Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »

So close yet so far.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:09:33 AM »

Neeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr
faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr
wherever you aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrre

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ChevyRay
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:02:29 AM »

bots that report other bots?

It's the first omen written in the Great Spambot War prophesies. It won't be long, now.
leekinhwa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »

hi, i am not a bot,  it sounds personal by doing this,  but this guy (masterjohn.net )  abuse my other forums and keep doing this even i have banned him over and over again but he keep register as new user.  So it make me angry and closely analyse what links to him and therefore report to other forums moderators.

Sorry to all if I make you misunderstanding. I just want to fight for SPAM only.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »

yeah, but you realize that by saying his website's name you're helping him, right? so even if you think you're opposing him (which i doubt), you're helping him by doing exactly what he is doing (linking to his site).

leekinhwa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »

1. if i don't saying his website name, how do you know who is spamming ? funny right ?

2. I purposely NOT hyperlink his website and make his domain <space> between the name and extension,  can't you observe ?

3. he is doing this way in many forum, and even create dozens of accounts in forum. such as this :
expressionengine.  com/forums/member/102598/
expressionengine.  com/forums/member/107146/
expressionengine.  com/forums/member/109218/
expressionengine.  com/forums/member/112258/
expressionengine.  com/forums/member/112536/
expressionengine.  com/forums/member/112558/
expressionengine  .com/forums/member/113329/
expressionengine  .com/forums/member/115180/
expressionengine  .com/forums/member/116495/
(well, don't say I promote him again, i don't make hyperlink and leave space in between the doman and extension)

4. It is up to you and moderators to decide want to remove his accounts or not.  IF You choose to ignore whistleblower and allow SPAMMING,  good for you Beer!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »

i'm not a mod here, i was just remarking that joining a forum just to report a spammer by making a new thread which links to them (even if it's not a hyperlink) is itself a form of spamming for them. we don't need to know his website, just his name would do. and it's never really a good idea to create a new thread just to report a spam account. why not just use the 'report to moderator' link, or pm one of the moderators (melly, derek, etc.)?

it also seems a particularly strange thing to do. millions of spambots register millions of new accounts on every forum across the internet every day, so it's weird that you'd choose to focus on this particular spambot, chasing him here to tell us about him.

leekinhwa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:07:02 AM »

sorry,i don't find any link to 'report to moderator' (in his member profile don't have such feature to allow me report him) or even "contact us" after I search whole forum . If this forum has such link,  I will sure do it. maybe I overlook somewhere ?

it maybe my mistake to start this thread, I don't mind if the Mod delete this thread. after all, at least you know who is actually spamming.

thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:10:12 AM by leekinhwa » Logged
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 02:50:28 AM »

Our mods are active and they catch most spam bots, don't worry about reporting the bots, and especially not by saying their website over and over. It's link farming more than anything, spambots could care less if they get you to go to their site on proper grounds, or just trick you, it's ad money. And banning bots seems pointless as they usually only make 2 threads both named re: something or other.

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 05:04:58 AM »

This probably has something to do with why we have got over 3,000 new members this month. Nearly a quarter of our 13,000 members signed up in April. That suggests to me that a bot is hitting the forums hard this month.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 05:17:12 AM »

hi, i'm sarah from manchester
i'm 20 years old
i came here through [insert friend name] formspring

i like oral
B&

I've had that happen on an Oekaki I go to, spambots are getting hilariously verbose these days.
Kekskiller
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 09:09:05 AM »

Fucking strange (manbaby) spam posts are going on here. I begin to wonder if manbabies are real posters or just interestingly conceptionated traps.
leekinhwa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 08:53:30 PM »

i think in order to fight spam bot, we should have a blacklist of websites (most spammer want you to visit his website, right? ) . That's is the reason I write his website here to let people aware of him. In future if there is Spam bot create member accounts and links to the black-listed sites, then the forum scripts shall auto detect and dont' allow links to the website and report to moderator immediately.

Any other good suggestion to stop spam bot ?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »

yeah -- captchas, keeping software current, requiring account activation, etc.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic