Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 06:16:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRings of Peril: Video of beta playthrough
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rings of Peril: Video of beta playthrough  (Read 724 times)
bitbutter
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LYabW2xnlY

Rings of Peril is a 2-vs-2 local multiplayer thing I'm working on inbetween other 'serious' projects. Doing it in Unity. Still quite new to the whole game making thing, learning a lot.

Things it's useful to know:

Players can travel around the rings or hop inwards. Hopping outwards is not possible.

A point is awarded for a kill. Or a 'desecration' (touching an enemies 'tomb').

Reload speed is shorter the closer to the center you are.

Friendly fire kills, and you lose a point.

If you don't fire, eventually you'll receive a protective shield that can absorb one shot. The shield vanishes when you next shoot. You receive the shield faster the closer to the center you are.

Both teams start with ten points. Points scored are 'taken' from the other team.

I have a long TODO list, but suggestions, thoughts, questions are all very welcome!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:19:07 AM by bitbutter » Logged
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »

Sounds fun!

but why not link to play it and test it ?

It's feedback forum here

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:24:54 PM »

That looks really great. It seems like it'd be fun, looks pretty nice and sounds like it's fairly well thought-out. Makes me wonder what your reason for not letting the players move outward was.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
bitbutter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:52 AM »

That looks really great. It seems like it'd be fun, looks pretty nice and sounds like it's fairly well thought-out. Makes me wonder what your reason for not letting the players move outward was.

Thanks. A couple of reasons for not building a 'jump outward' option. 1. The main one is that It keeps the control scheme relatively simple, which i appreciate (few enough buttons to play with one hand if necessary)--and i think it makes the thing easier to master. 2. I like the idea of players being able to do things which have medium-term consequences--ie, if they jump to the middle and want to get back to the outer rings again, they need to wait (and survive).

@airman4 The game isn't quite ready for public consumption yet--the controller code is too fragile at the moment, for instance (i think not all controllers will work correctly), so i don't want to be providing support for people getting it running at the moment. Thanks for the offer though. When its a bit further along that might be very useful.
caou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:57:25 AM »

Really like the Tron style from the video Smiley

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »

Love the style and sound! keep up the good work

Pages: [1]
Print