Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:23:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBerathen Spirit Detective WIP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Berathen Spirit Detective WIP  (Read 508 times)
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2012, 06:25:51 PM »

Alright I'm working on a game and I'm getting to that point where I'm not sure if I should keep going or move on to a new project.
So I was wondering if any of you could try it out and let me know what you think.
1) The big house is incomplete don't go inside it. It'll prolly break the game.
2) This game is unfinished once you make it to the dice minigame that's the end of my demo of sorts.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/04e6373822531d3cd896950f51318bb3
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

Accidentally uploaded the wrong build. It should be fixed now so please try it again if you did before.
My game doesn't really explain how to do anything so the last build kinda put you in the middle of nowhere. This build should have better conveyance.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/04e6373822531d3cd896950f51318bb3
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »

Ok. It seems like it could be interesting. For a while, I thought you had just written the dialogue wrong and my orange cloak was as red as it was gonna get. That might be something worth tweaking. Maybe add more transition levels to show that you're getting closer to the spot.

Once I got outside, I felt like the game was in desperate need of a sprint button. Either that, or maybe outdoor movement should be faster. I got bored of walking around that mostly-empty town and stopped playing. I hope you'll be adding little details and bits of decor to the town to make it more interesting.

Other Notes

-"Informist" in the opening isn't a word. It should be "informant"
-"Dissapointing" when examining the empty box should be "disappointing"

The game has promise. It's not often that games about actually investigating things come out, and I like the paranormal twist. I think that using the cloak instead of some sort of HUD element was a good idea too.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:37 AM »

Thanks I'll definitely try and fix the cloak thing. I think I'll add another color to make it easier to notice where abouts it is.
Also I've really been struggling with the speed and how I use space. The outside map was originally twice the size of the current one. But yeah I'm gonna try to implement a dash or make the map smaller again. Not quite sure which one I'll do yet.

Thanks for all the input. I'll do my best to improve my game with what you've said.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic