Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 09:15:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906463 times)
hendrikk1
Level 0

www.orbizgame.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7580 on: October 26, 2015, 10:27:21 PM »

I play an old game, Resident 5 and Resident Evil Revelations. Just wanna know their zombie evolution.

Orbiz is now Coming Soon on Steam Early Access : store.steampowered.com/app/572480/
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7581 on: October 27, 2015, 01:05:48 AM »

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. A.k.a. you'll never be this good at level design and may as well just stop making games altogether.  Cry

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: October 27, 2015, 01:13:28 AM »

Speaking of which, how good is triforce heroes? Especially interested in the opinions of people who have played four swords adventures because that game is rad (most underrated zelda).
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7583 on: October 27, 2015, 02:37:27 AM »

I can't enthuse enough about Rebel Galaxy.

It's as if AC: Black Flag and Freelancer had a baby and raised it solely on stories of Firefly / Serenity.

I think the most surprising thing is that it came it out with no hype or prerelease. At this rate, I'm not even going to get to my preordered copy of FO4 until January (which will be about when all the bugs are fixed anyway, amirite!?) nevermind X-Com 2 next year.

More details. Good single-player experience? What's the pacing like?

The story pacing is pretty bad, of course, because they want to force you out of the script to play the sandbox. In fact, the only game I've played in this niche that had good pacing was a little gem called Darkstar One. But, anyway, back to Rebel Galaxy - The story is a little new, though, I think, as it has you resurrecting an ancient alien AI via a quest for macguffins. The game doesn't have a multiplayer component..

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: October 27, 2015, 03:19:46 AM »

Speaking of which, how good is triforce heroes? Especially interested in the opinions of people who have played four swords adventures because that game is rad (most underrated zelda).

I wrote a bit on Triforce Heroes on the last page. Yeah, I loved the Four Swords Adventures but getting enough GBAs to play it was a chore.

In addition to what I already wrote, the later levels get hard. Knowing how to beat the stages isn't quite enough, since some of the time trial challenges require you to know shortcuts to finish in time. I played two hours last night, and only managed to beat one of the challenges in the seventh world (of eight).

On the other hand, I got a good group on Sunday night and we plowed through every challenge in world 6 almost flawlessly in the same amount of time.

If you liked FSA on the GCN, you probably will enjoy this. It doesn't have the longevity of FSA, though, as the levels are fewer and shorter and encourage you to replay them by picking one of three challenges (eg, no sword, fewer heart containers, lose a continue if anyone falls off the stage and many other types). Once you beat all three challenges there's not much incentive to replay a stage again.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: October 27, 2015, 05:50:47 AM »

thanks, sounds good!
yeahjim
Level 0

asdf

View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: October 27, 2015, 07:02:56 AM »

It's as if AC: Black Flag and Freelancer had a baby and raised it solely on stories of Firefly / Serenity.

I think the most surprising thing is that it came it out with no hype or prerelease. At this rate, I'm not even going to get to my preordered copy of FO4 until January (which will be about when all the bugs are fixed anyway, amirite!?) nevermind X-Com 2 next year.

The story pacing is pretty bad, of course, because they want to force you out of the script to play the sandbox. In fact, the only game I've played in this niche that had good pacing was a little gem called Darkstar One. But, anyway, back to Rebel Galaxy - The story is a little new, though, I think, as it has you resurrecting an ancient alien AI via a quest for macguffins. The game doesn't have a multiplayer component..

I just want to be able to sail the endless black and accumulate valuable ores in peace (except for the pirates.) Sounds like this game is up my alley.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7587 on: October 27, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »

I just want to be able to sail the endless black and accumulate valuable ores in peace (except for the pirates.) Sounds like this game is up my alley.

Damn, never heard of it and it does sound interesting. Thanks!

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: October 27, 2015, 05:25:37 PM »

oh man i am in love with mistfall atm. not even used all the characters yet, let alone learned their strategies. it really IS mage knight: the card game in many ways.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: October 28, 2015, 08:13:31 AM »

jwk, baconman. We need to play some games Smiley

Have either of you tried fightcade yet? After hours spooky has been playing a lot of it online and i think i'm ready to take the plunge this weekend.

We should resurrect that fighting games thread.

I have it installed, it's pretty solid depending on connection. Been using public wi-fi hotspots though, so it's been spotty, much better in a regular residence. That said, I have it set up for Marvel Super Heroes, MSH vs. SF, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and MegaMan 2: The Power Battles.

I'm trying to get CvS2, MvC2, and 3rd Strike (the TRINITY) set up, but it's not cooperating. Does CPS3/NAOMI have a BIOS that's required to play? I'd do KoFs too, but the only one I'd care to netplay that I can't via Steam is XI, and I don't know of any Atomiswave emus...

Had this tab open for like 2 weeks now. Been working a lot of overtime but that should die down next week.

My fightcade name is InfiniteState

I cant remember if CPS3 needed a bios file. I certai

I'll maybe start up a fightcade thread this weekend.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7590 on: October 28, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »

Revisiting Ghost Trick. I've played the opening two hours or so I think three times now, for various reasons. The recent SNAFU with the iOS version prompted me to finally buy the DS version (the first time I played it was on my R4 whoops) and here we are. This game is so wonderful. The writing and especially animation is so funny and full of character. If you at all think that you might like this game (it's a visual novel with more action elements than usual) and have a DS or 3DS, I urge you to buy it. It's less than $20 new on Amazon and totally worth it.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: October 28, 2015, 08:44:43 AM »

I've been wanting to play that. I bought 999 and ghost trick really cheap on amazon and they've been sitting here looking at me Sad

What's the average playtime for ghost trick?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7592 on: October 28, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »

How Long to Beat says about 12 hours. http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3916

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: October 28, 2015, 02:03:24 PM »

I also recommend Ghost Trick - it's fantastic.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: October 28, 2015, 05:38:06 PM »

Wow I can't believe that this website exists.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7595 on: October 28, 2015, 05:51:28 PM »

I just started and beat They Breathe. I really like how the big twist happens organically and the player mgiht take some time before they realize. The game is rather simple but still quite elegant in that it just has exactly what it needs, and has a delightful dark atmosphere.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7596 on: October 28, 2015, 05:59:42 PM »

I just started and beat They Breathe. I really like how the big twist happens organically and the player mgiht take some time before they realize. The game is rather simple but still quite elegant in that it just has exactly what it needs, and has a delightful dark atmosphere.

And I just learned that I can save the other frogs... I thought I was competing with them for oxygen, so I denied them of it... LOOOL

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7597 on: October 28, 2015, 08:28:20 PM »

I took a break from Ghost Trick today when I noticed that I still had Attack of the Friday Monsters sitting in a corner of my home screen. I bought it and played the first ten minutes of it almost two years ago but then got distracted by school and forgot about it until now. I finished it today, except for one "episode" (the game's name for quests). It's an incredibly charming game, and I don't know if there's a better word for it than that. It surprised me by how well it captured universally relatable aspects of childhood despite being a *very* Japanese game.
I will say that while the concept of the card game in the game is good, the game stumbles in the way you collect the cards to play it. It's very tedious and random. The card game itself also isn't great, but to get through the story I think you only have to play it about five or so times. Unfortunately, if you want to complete every episode you will have to grind away at card matches in the post-game until you have every card. That's why I'm not going to fully complete the game.

If you're not a completionist and you don't mind spending $8 on a game that's 2.5 hours long, I heartily recommend it. Now back to Ghost Trick.

Battlefrog
Level 0

Broc W.

View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:23 PM »

Wow I can't believe that this website exists.

For me it's not very accurate. I was 3/4ths of the way through Tomb Raider and apparently I was supposed to be done by then.  Shrug

Maybe I'm slow  Cheesy
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: October 29, 2015, 03:13:29 PM »

Drox Operative

After years of periodically trying and failing to get into them, I think I've finally warmed up to Soldak's brand of ARPGs. The Diablo + Sid Meier's Pirates formula is actually pretty damn enjoyable. Shitty production values are still somewhat offputting but hey I play ASCII roguelikes so I'm not complaining.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic