Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 03:34:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreat Big Galaxy [First tech demo!]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Great Big Galaxy [First tech demo!]  (Read 907 times)
dangerousday
Level 1

iacedrom

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »

Great Big Galaxy
Tech Demo 2011-03-06
a Dangerous Day production

Latest Development Screenshot:

Latest Release:
Tech Demo 2011-03-06

Dangerous Day Games is proud to present its first major project, Great Big Galaxy. At its heart, the game is will someday be a turn-based casual roguelike in space for one or two players. Explore dozens of star systems filled with wonder and danger! Choose a quest for your character to fulfill, from mapping habitable worlds, to discovering ancient ruins, to bringing revenge to your enemies! Meet colorful characters who will join you on your quest, and provide sidequests of their own!

Influences include, but are not limited to, Strange Adventures in Infinite Space, Toejam and Earl, Mass Effect, and Star Control 2.

So far, I've got the procedural generation of an adjustable-size sector up and running. It's pretty quick on my computer but I don't know how it runs on yours. About how long does it take to generate each sector size on your computer?

Is it a bit early to be plugging this in a devlog? Yep! Should I have waited at least until I've got the main turn-based mechanism in place before showing it off? Most likely! But I've had a few beers and my judgement is not the best, so here we are.

I'll post in this log as I make progress on the game, and update this first post accordingly. Most importantly, I need a new name for this project. I am not the best at naming things! I made an implementation of Minesweeper on a torus and just called it Torusweeper for crying out loud. The name "Great Big Galaxy" is corny and it isn't even accurate, since it takes place in a single sector of space, not the whole galaxy.

Wish me luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic