Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411722 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 22, 2024, 12:58:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: Legend Of Zelda
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: Legend Of Zelda  (Read 27376 times)
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2012, 07:59:01 AM »

I am so tempted to post hints on the Blue Wizzrobes right now. But I'm not gonna. The real fun is in figuring these things out! Smiley

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »

@dustin there are two entrances to the map room, if you get the candle and light it up it makes more sense but the bottom entrance is useless, there is an entrance on the left side that leads you around the edges of the screen and then to the map
pgil
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »

I am so tempted to post hints on the Blue Wizzrobes right now. But I'm not gonna. The real fun is in figuring these things out! Smiley
Yeah, I thought if I got the magic wand I'd be able to take care of them easily.  Turns out they're immune to it  Screamy
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:55 AM »

@Sean - yeah it seemed like the side entrance was useful (I could get the map) and the bottom one was useless, so I "wasted" a key on it.  Not like it was a big deal

Yeah I'm still stuck fighitng the blue wizrobes, I hate that they are immune to arrows.  I have been trying a somewhat strange strategy of getting stuck in a ike-ike (the pancake stacks) and then waiting to use my sword until a blue wizrobe walks by.  i'm immune to hits while in the ike-ike but can still hit the wizrobes with my sword.  Only problem is I often get hit by beams as soon as I pop out of the ike-ike.

edit: Suck it wizrobes I beat the first room full of the blue wizrobes.  My hiding in ike-ike strategy worked like a charm but now the second room has no ike-ikes (is ike-ike even there name? I'm talking about the pancake stack dudes)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:09:23 AM by dustin » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »

Pancake stack dudes are "Like-likes". You were close.

I'm surprised we're this many pages in and nobody has complained about the Wallmasters.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2012, 07:41:28 PM »

Pancake stack dudes are "Like-likes". You were close.

I'm surprised we're this many pages in and nobody has complained about the Wallmasters.

Wallmasters manage to scare me more than all other enemies combined, in every zelda game. Fuck those things.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »

What are wall masters? Are they those scary hand things that grab you?
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »

Yeah if the wall masters are those hands things they...

1.  Freak me out
2.  Annoy me after they freak me out

So... I have now found dungeons 5,6 and 8 and am like halfway through all of them but have not beaten any of them.  It's kinda fun this way, I couldn't do this in the other zeldas.  I still haven't found level 7 though.  I'm so surprised I ever managed to find dungeon 8.
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »

And I'm done!

All in all, this was an interesting experience. Before this I had only played the game once, and that was like 5 or so years ago. It's kind of weird to see where the gaps in my memory were; while for some reason I remembered quite a few of the obscure secrets, other things (like where to find dungeon two) completely slipped through the cracks in my skull.

Now it's time to sit back and watch how everyone else fares. Maybe assume the role of OLD MAN for the people who need it. (unless, that is, a couple of you wanna second quest it up in this shay-zizz)

Also, you guys should totally hang out in the IRC room. I'm in there and Ashkin is in there and he's a cool guy. Join the experience! Live Zelda life to the fullest!
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »

level 7 is almost impossible to find without a guide or someone telling you where it is, because the clue that is supposed to lead to it is obscure and not translated well

the clue is "There are secrets where fairies don't live." i believe -- which doesn't tell you much. but basically find a place where you expect fairies to be, even though they aren't there, and try every item on it; one of them works. it's also the only time (in the first quest, anyway) where that particular item opens up a cave/stairwell/door thing. i think it's probably the *best* secret in zelda1, but the obscure clue kind of ruined it (the clue should have been a little more specific i think)

PowRTocH
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »

I could have figured that out without you saying that Paul.

You gave it away. Sad
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:58 AM »

I've just beaten the fifth dungeon... fuck those blue knights, seriously. Also, found the 7th dungeon. Not sure if I should just beat that or if I should go find dungeon 6. (Was fun filling in the empty bits of the map for the upper left corner, might just go fill in the rest first)

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2012, 01:02:49 AM »

My hiding in ike-ike strategy worked like a charm but now the second room has no ike-ikes

Huh, I never once considered using Like-Likes as a hiding place. That is a very interesting approach to the problem.

Part of the reason why I never considered it is because of the magic shield. I usually purchase a magic shield before going into the 6th dungeon as a precaution for fighting Wizrobes. Wizrobes' magic attacks can be deflected with the magic shield. But Like-Likes will eat your magic shield if you get stuck in them. So the best way to defend against wizrobes gets destroyed if you try to "hide" in a Like-Like.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2012, 03:37:04 AM »

"Where Fairies don't live" is actually a pretty good clue and that area is suspicious anyway.

It's the dungeon in the second quest that is hidden in a single bush you would never consider burning that are bullshit. The entrance to dungeon 9 in the second quest is also bullshit, but at least it is easy to remember where it is after you find it the first time.
pgil
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2012, 06:37:46 AM »

"Where Fairies don't live" is actually a pretty good clue and that area is suspicious anyway.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious there's something in that location.  I think I figured out what to do just by chance, though.

edit: hey, i beat level 7.  Also found level 8. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:03:26 AM by pgil » Logged
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »

Huh, I never once considered using Like-Likes as a hiding place. That is a very interesting approach to the problem.

Part of the reason why I never considered it is because of the magic shield. I usually purchase a magic shield before going into the 6th dungeon as a precaution for fighting Wizrobes

A magic sheild? I always thought that sheild you could buy was just a replacement sheild.  I didn't know it was a sheild upgrade.  That's awesome.

Also as far as progress goes I got a book from dungeon 8.  It appears to be super lame and not doing anything.  Maybe it lets me read stuff? I don't know.

Also I got the blue ring which changed my color!  Also sometimes when i get hit I take 0 damage so maybe it's cutting my damage in half?  Zelda games do that sometimes.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »

the book requires a separate item to use. you can't use it alone. think of it like the bow and arrow (you had to get both before you could use it)

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »

Ahh ok that would make sense.  I have skipped a couple of dungeons so I probably don't have the other item.

edit:  Found the wand and beat level 6.  I imagine this is the item that the book helps although I don't know how because I never saw it before getting the book.  Level 6's boss was so easy compared to the rest of the dungeon.  After beating level 6 I'm allowed to pick up the new sword so that's cool.  Now I'm off to go buy that shield and beat level 5 then 7.  Also I found what looks like a croissant in the over world.  I am told by the instruction manual that it is the power bracelet but I haven't found anything I need it for yet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:36:01 AM by dustin » Logged
Theophilus
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »

DARN IT I'm so behind, still on level 4. Spring break is over now, too, so I might not finish.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »

I had forgotten how much a pain it is to fight Gleeok with a wooden sword. The Magic Shield isn't even any help.

Maybe I'll just sit this one out after all. The gamecube controller is pretty terrible and I don't feel like hunting down a different copy just to have a better d-pad.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic