Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:24:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioAnyone use Ableton Live here?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone use Ableton Live here?  (Read 1600 times)
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »

Anyone use Ableton Live cause I got a problem and Ableton has yet to activate my forum account. For some reason my midi is out of tune, it's like a note off and an octave down. Anyone know how to fix this?

increpare
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »

c418 uses it - might want to check with him if noone else replies.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »

thanks, I'll send them a note if no one replies.

desdinova
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »

I was just starting up Ableton to see if I could help you.  Unfortunately it seems that Ableton has decided not to talk with any of my MIDI/Audio interface at all (Which is weird because other audio programs are still working fine).  I solved part of the problem - which was due to the Comodo Firewall, possibly the most frustrating firewall I've ever used (and thats including Zone Alarm).

But Unfortunately it still hates me so I can't help you atm.  If I get things working I'll have a poke around but hopefully by then you'll be able to get some help from the Ableton Forums.
dkanaga
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »

hey, yea, I use Live. If you use the "pitch" MIDI effect on all your tracks, and transpose up 11 or 13 st or whatever, that should fix it temporarily Smiley. Strange that you're consistently having that problem, though... maybe you've got a "transpose" function set down +/- an octave on a MIDI input device that you're using?

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 06:45:14 AM »

wait... how do I change this? I can't find a transpose or a pitch thing anywhere?
I dunno what happened it just suddenly changed to this.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »

wait... how do I change this? I can't find a transpose or a pitch thing anywhere?
It's in the "MIDI effects" category in the device browser.

I haven't encountered this problem, so I can't really help you either, sorry. I think it'd be good to know what MIDI hardware you're using, maybe it's got something to do with that rather than Live itself?
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »

I have both a Korg NanoKey and an M-Audio Axiom 25. I tried both and both are out of tune.
Alright let's see...
Ok, I checked the vst software outside of ableton and the pitch is fine there, I would have to turn the pitch all the way up for this...

chris_b
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 06:37:11 PM »

I don't know anything about Ableton, but it sounds like maybe a sample rate problem, eg. Ableton thinks it's running at 48kHz but the output is actually 44.1kHz, or something like that?
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »

Yep, there ya go. Sample rate issue. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Tears of Joy

sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:46 AM »

Does that mean we can commandeer this thread to just talk about Ableton Live now??

Live is the shit. I manly use it for live performances. All the real work for me happens in Reason, then to play the track out live I bring everything into Ableton. Got all the commands wired to my elaborate midi controller, it's quite the tool.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:22:35 AM by sugarbeard » Logged

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »

I use both Ableton and Audacity, two ends of the spectrum. Audacity for hardware recording and Ableton for midi hoo-ha.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:18 AM »

Been using Ableton as my main music software for some years. I think it's massively overlooked as a compositional tool. When I make a track, I usually jam a "rough draft" of it together in realtime and then extensively edit and remix the result until I'm satisfied with it. I've imagined this kind of workflow ever since I've started with electronic music and no other DAW I've worked with lets me do it as easily as Live.

I uploaded an unedited version of one of my jams as an "inauguration" of the TIGS Soundcloud group recently. Take a listen if you're interested. http://soundcloud.com/user8297681/mambo-africano
 Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic