Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 08:09:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneraldem apple folks are at it again
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: dem apple folks are at it again  (Read 5079 times)
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 11:58:16 AM »

Is it true that you basically need a Mac to develop for it?
remove the "basically" and you got it!
Another reason not to get an iPhone, then.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »

wellp. i know a lot of you may hate me for this

so with all this spare iCash, what do you think I should pick up?

HIV

Nah, just kidding, if I could afford one o them fancy gizmos I'd get one too Sad

tweet tweet @j_younger
GlockEH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 05:39:58 AM »

It would be great if I didn't need a mac to develop on, but I'm still going to pick up an iPod touch when I get paid. Check it out, whip my programmer to port a game onto it. Evil

http://www.teamequidna.com: One day we will get a game done
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »

Yeah, I love the iPod Touch's interface and all that. I'd certainly love to get one if they came in higher capacities, but alas. Also, expensive. I wouldn't mind if it became a viable platform for games development either!

Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »

hey guys i got it. =D

alas, my i wasn't able to get an iTunes gift card from the store; so I ordered one online. it'll be coming in a few days.
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »

Um, iTunes cards don't work with apps.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »

i think this is what his reaction was like after reading your post.

Smiley   :D   Huh?   Shocked   Embarrassed   Sad   Cry   Angry   Beer!   Evil   Tired   WTF   Sad  Undecided   Cave Story

Sk8rCai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 05:12:13 AM »

Reading this post makes me want to touch dolphins!

iDolphin
Touch it.  You know you want to!
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 06:12:57 AM »

Um, iTunes cards don't work with apps.
...balls.

oh well, guess I'll just have to get a crapload of new music!  Beer!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 06:23:17 AM »

Reading this post makes me want to touch dolphins!

Woah. None of that kinky business, now.
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 03:46:22 PM »

hey, guys, guess what? cyber95 was totally wrong! i got some games for my iPod touch, and frankly, I was stunned. I picked up three games, and all are quality. Mini-reviews below:

Super Monkey Ball
SEGA

Gameplay: A bit wonky, but still very enjoyable. The game has gone back to not having a jump feature, which I prefer. The tilt controls are tight, but sometimes a little too much - turning is faster than I'd like. But still, all in all, it's fun.

Presentation: Pretty bare-bones menus and stuff. Most of the presentation (graphics, sound, music, even some level design) is ripped from Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz for the Wii, meaning if you've played that game, you know what to expect. The extra characters introduced in BB are gone, though. Not like they mattered much, anyway.

All in All: A tasty little $10 bite of Super Monkey Ball action.

Buy?: Unless you hate Monkey Ball.

Toy Bot Diaries: Entry 1
IUGO Mobile Entertainment

Gameplay: Phenomenal. Tilting controls your character's left and right movement, which is a bit weird at first but you get used to it fast. Although this is a platformer, there's no jumping at all - you get around using a touch controlled magnetic grappling hook. You also have magnet boots, which come in handy to move around metal objects. But anyway, it's an absolute joy to play. Control is fluid, and the only flaw I've seen is swinging around spinning gears can be a bit wonky.

Presentation: Colorful cartoony graphics. Nothing we've never seen before, but they aren't bad. Same with the sound, although the little toy bot's voice is cute.. ish. Can't really say much else, except collecting things throughout the levels unlock "memories", which seem to just be cryptic pictures. Not that useful, but it doesn't have any impact on gameplay.

All in All: I love platformers anyway, but it's wrapped up so uniquely I find it hard not to recommend to anyone.

Buy?: Do it. Now.

Enigmo
Pangea Software

Gameplay: You position various objects around the stage to guide water droplets, among other particles, in a continuous stream to the goal. You only have a limited amount of certain types of objects in each stage, but usually there's an amount of improvisation to be had, and coming up with your own solution to each puzzle is pretty rewarding.

Presentation: Nice 3D graphics, but other than that, pretty bare-bones. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

All in All: Good game for puzzle fans, however, people who don't like puzzles will be turned off immediately.

Buy?: Only if you like puzzle games.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2008, 05:03:32 PM »

Don't forget iSplume!

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2008, 05:12:45 PM »

Here's an exploit for Monkey Ball I found out.

If you press the menu button in the middle of a game, and resume by going back into it, you won't have lost any lives, and you'll start again with the bananas you had. You can use this to more easily unlock the hidden stages.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic