Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411703 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 09:35:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralInteresting Games you never Played
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Interesting Games you never Played  (Read 11462 times)
Renton
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 07:55:52 AM »

Black & White is a bugtastic crapfest.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 07:58:07 AM »

Really? I have heard otherwise for the most part. I do have heard complaints about the UI and the occasional bug, but not as severe as you have worded it. Care to elaborate?

mountainmohawk
Level 0

Professional Slacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 08:27:55 AM »

Black & White is a bugtastic crapfest.

Really? I've played through the first and second one. And I don't recall ever encountering any glitches. So definitely not a "crapfest".

I really like Urban Chaos that was released back in '99. I don't know why though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Chaos

I'm freakin pumped! I've been drinking green tea all goddang day!
Renton
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:01 AM »

Well, controls were a mess, usually pretty unresponsive. I don't recall bugs individually but I remember going nuts over them.
Black & White 2 can't really be called a sequel to B&W1. It was just a city sim with magic and animals.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »

Even the ones that do, can't do certain games or have glitches. IIRC, none of them can play MGS3, for example.
UNACCEPTABLE.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2008, 09:45:43 AM »

Beyond Good and Evil and Shadow of the Colossus are probably my top 2 at the moment that I want to play but haven't yet.
BG&E you can get on Gametap, for free sometimes. I'm in the middle of it right now, tho I got side tracked by HL2. Shadow of the Colossus, Katamari Damanci and LBW are all games I want to play. Unfortunately until the cost of a PS3 vs my available time to play these games changes that's not likely.
PS2. Go. Now and forever.
Two out of three only. Little Big World is a PS3 exclusive.

the neverhood

Seconded. I'm personally hoping that the success of the eventual Neverhood movie will revive enough interest in the game that someone will re-release it through Steam or Good Old Games or whatnot.
does anyone know where to get this thing without shelling out 100 dollaroids to some ebay person?

because i want to play that thing goddamnit!
I bit torrented and burned it to a disk. Still have that disk. It had to be patched to run, but then it ran like a champ. Played it from beginning to end. This is one of those games that I don't understand why it can't be found anywhere and hasn't been updated. Steam or GameTap should offer this one. Probably some tight wad clinging on to the rights so tight they'll never get another penny from it.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »

ha ha yeah, i actually searched for a torrent earlier but somehow couldnt find one with seeds.

but now i had succes. Well, hello there!
ha ha.

i am a criminal. (mastermind)
Renton
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

Irony ensues when Renton, having read the previous post, notices the word "police" in policedanceclub's nickname.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »

Beyond Good and Evil and Shadow of the Colossus are probably my top 2 at the moment that I want to play but haven't yet.
BG&E you can get on Gametap, for free sometimes. I'm in the middle of it right now, tho I got side tracked by HL2. Shadow of the Colossus, Katamari Damanci and LBW are all games I want to play. Unfortunately until the cost of a PS3 vs my available time to play these games changes that's not likely.
Little Big World? Are you one of those "European" guys maybe? Man, your country got the worst title.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »

Irony ensues when Renton, having read the previous post, notices the word "police" in policedanceclub's nickname.

yeah, but my real name is matias.
so take that!
HA!
increpare
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »

yeah, but my real name is matias.  You only get to call me "police" if we agree on a safeword first.

The safeword is  Pixel 06
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

The "police" in this case is more like a village people reference probably.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
rocketfactory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »

I always wanted to try the Wonder Project games. The concept behind them really blew me away when I read about the first one in EGM...in 1994  Shocked

www.editmodegames.com
-a pixelated mess-
Biggerfish
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 04:37:58 AM »

I've always wanted to play Panzer Dragoon Saga
I remember renting one quite a few years ago, Panzer Dragoon Orta for Xbox. From what I recall, I played it for hours and got stuck on one level where the solution is obvious now. Whenever I think back to playing it I get all nostalgistic and notice how much I miss that game. It was beautiful.

God I really want to play that as well.

I would also like to go back and play some of those older shmups like Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »

Little Big World? Are you one of those "European" guys maybe? Man, your country got the worst title.
LBP. Planet! Dang it. man, that's embarrassing like when you've been calling a guy Paul the whole evening and he's just been going with it. Then later someone when Paul's walking away someone says, "Where's Jim going?" and you realize what you've been doing all night, only he's coming back in a minute and you're going to either have to play it off and start calling him the right name or face the fact that you're a moron. It's a little like that.

Follow me on twitter
medieval
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2008, 08:01:38 AM »

In shame I say that I have never played SotC. But I'd love to play it some day. but my ps2 just broke. i think.

Actually, there's a lot, lot, LOT of games I haven't played, because I really haven't played that many games.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2008, 08:30:01 AM »

I remember renting one quite a few years ago, Panzer Dragoon Orta for Xbox. From what I recall, I played it for hours and got stuck on one level where the solution is obvious now. Whenever I think back to playing it I get all nostalgistic and notice how much I miss that game. It was beautiful.

Apparently Saga used the traditional gameplay found in the other Panzer Dragoon games as a basis for its real-time combat system, adding more RPG elements to the mix, making it a bit different from the other titles. That being said, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the other Panzer Dragoon games either.
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »

Is Ico like that?
Ico is similar: trial and error, but you don't have THE TIME to try. Every error is a game over, coming very quickly. For me it's just an annoying game which throws away all of it's potential cool things... And yeah I'm a goat.

I can tick this off my list, played through Ico now :D Takes around 7 hours, i was so compelled by the game i did it in 2sittings, over 2day haha. It is amazing! Woah, the whole way through the game is just brilliant.. i dont think the puzzles are too hard either, there were only 2points where i got bored an consulted the internet, and when i did i realised the answer was really obvious and made a lot of sense...at one point i was picking up pots instead of bombs thinkin...wtf? surely this is supposed to blow up the pilllarr!?!?

I LOVE ICO, its so beautiful, original, enjoyable, compelling..etc..etc.. YOU WILL TOO! GO BUY IT! It also makes tons of sense out of SOTC ending. :]
Team Ico games fill me with a weird kind of appreciation and joy, which no other games do. I might buy/borrow a friends, PS3 for their next one
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:42:39 PM by Greg-Anims » Logged

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2008, 07:01:31 AM »

Apparently Saga used the traditional gameplay found in the other Panzer Dragoon games as a basis for its real-time combat system, adding more RPG elements to the mix, making it a bit different from the other titles. That being said, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the other Panzer Dragoon games either.
I have the original on PC and played the second at a friends house. Absolutely gorgeous games and what I love is it moves well enough that you don't think about how ancient the graphics are, albeit orta does have some beautiful still and when those wings move... sexy.

Follow me on twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic