Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 01:14:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAnyman
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyman  (Read 1530 times)
GBS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:57:49 AM »

My name is Johnny B and I've been building games for quite some time now. I'm attempting to make the awkward transition for amature/hobbist to someone that might be able to make a buck doing this Tongue

I've just completed my shortest and most casual game, titled Anyman. While this game is complete, a sequel is in the works, so any input is greatly appreciated! The main things I'm looking for feedback on are:

1) Overall quality and polish
2) Gameplay and difficulty
3) How well the tutorial conveys the needed control/gameplay info

Here's some screenshots:

And here's the link to the game:
http://goldenbeaststudios.wordpress.com/anyman/

I'm new to these forums, so I hope I did this right Tongue Thanks to all who reply! Wink

-Johnny B.
ortoslon
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »

i love the game, except for one thing: it's difficult to tap left button while also jumping with right, you should make the player autofire when not charging, so you'd only need to hold left button to charge
Taiko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

Great game!  Short but fun.

- I loved the music and art style.
- Very, very polished.  Extremely professional.
- This was a fairly difficult game.  Nothing wrong with that, although it was frustrating when I learned I would have to restart the whole game from the beginning.
- Tutorial was effective at conveying the control scheme.  However, I wasn't sure if the game was going to be a platformer or something different until it started.  This is OK though, as you kind of invented your own subgenre.

Overall excellent work!  Hand Clap
GBS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »

@ortoslon:
The auto charge feature is an interesting idea. I'll definatly try it out on Anyman 2! Personally, I find it kind of fun to use both buttons at once, since it's something nobody would normally do with the mouse lol. I'm pretty sure players would welcome the option to choose though. Thank you!

@reinbold
I suppose that Anyman is in it's own sub-genre of sorts lol. Indeed I should of made that aspect more clear. I'll work on a way to get that point across in Anyman 2. As for the difficulty, I was kind of operating under the fear that if it was too easy, players would just breeze through it. I'll work on a way of extending the gameplay without punishing the player next time around lol. Difficulty tuning is always tough, but it's something I have to get better at.

Thanks for the input guys! It's greatly appreciated!!

-Johnny B.
3dpursuit
Level 0

My name is Ed, Freeware Dev.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »

Save Thoughts?

Maybe If you defeat a battle in an incredibly quick way/ you dont get hit at all, it will auto save at that point, so you need to work hard to get save points? Just a thought.

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
Cokho
Level 3

I love anyone who read this !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:31:28 AM »

Erf', I am afraid that I can't give you feedback, the link is dead on your blog (for me anyway)
Sorry  Smiley

Pardon my poor english T_T
GBS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:59:33 AM »

Thank you for catching that! I don't know what happended there Tongue I've fixed the link/dropbox error Tongue

http://goldenbeaststudios.wordpress.com/anyman/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:05:37 AM by GBS » Logged
ortoslon
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:38 AM »

playthrough

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic