Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:05:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIt never rains but..
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: It never rains but..  (Read 4273 times)
Johnman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 07:12:16 AM »

Quote from: RichMakeGame!
1. exploration- the computer is forcing you to reclaim some mysterious data before it will clear entry to an escape pod.. you might also find out a bit more than it wants you to know..

[...]

this one shows how you interact with the world. The blue blobs are supposed to be computer consoles. Each one is numbered, and if you are close by and type it's number it will be activated. This will control things like messages, doors and possibly refilling your oxygen levels :S

YES! Maybe it's just me, but did you take some of the best storytelling mechanics out of Marathon and made something awesome?

The cockpit feels incredibly immersing, even on video, and the rain sound... I won't rest in peace until I get to play this Kiss
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:29:24 AM by Johnman » Logged
Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »

This looks very interesting. Very atmospheric. It has a system shock meets aliens vibe to it. I would play it.

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
lostmercenary
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

That was awesome! The atmosphere is spot on and powerful. The movement of the armor and slower pacing is great. Keep up the good work!
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »

Sooo pretty but I don't think I usually understood what I was looking at.

The level of immersion created just by the gentle rain is incredible.

Looking forward to what this develops into.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »

hey all, thanks for the comments!
here's another vid:

I'm struggling a bit at the moment. I'm going to move onto something different for a breather, feels like I'm a bit too close to it to be making proper decisions right now.. I'll try get a rough playable out asap though so I can get some fresh views on the project

thanks again Smiley

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

Looking super sexy   Kiss

Just like "after years in dark tunnels" there's that claustrophobia and isolation that works so well with explorations/puzzle games. Definitely watching this. Linux compatible or would that be too much to hope for?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic