Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 08:19:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCycles
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cycles  (Read 934 times)
RevCosmosis
Level 0

ok person extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »

Connect the dots done right.

Cycles is a 40 level game that features puzzle that tax the brain from each extreme to the other. It's like connect the dots, but you can only connect at 90 and 45 degree angles. Even more, some dots restrict even further.

This game was originally intended to be a commercial one, submitted to the October Challenge, but I eventually opted out and made the game freeware. I have put great work into this game, and I think it has payed off greatly; I consider this game to be the best I have ever made. Rarely do I even polish my games, much less to this extreme.

The game also features a soundtrack written by the wonderful C418, who wrote the music for the ever-popular Minecraft (which is totally a TIGsource scam)! The music wasn't specifically written for the game, but it all fits very well in the ambient atmosphere of the game.
Note: The music for the game is a separate download, because it is 15 MB! It is completely optional but highly recommended.

DOWNLOADS
YoYoGames (game page)
GameJolt (game page)
64Digits (game page)

Music (direct download)

Please, leave constructive criticism! I've gotten very little comments on the game, and most complain about things that are explained in the readme.  Facepalm

Oh, and MAKE SURE TO READ THE README. DO IT.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:21:58 PM by RevCosmosis » Logged

Musician, level/game designer, professional moper
ortoslon
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 06:48:37 PM »

fix your links
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 03:44:37 AM »

Please, leave constructive criticism! I've gotten very little comments on the game, and most complain about things that are explained in the readme.  Facepalm
Oh, and MAKE SURE TO READ THE README. DO IT.

The game is nice, but the cited part is the main problem imho. You can't assume that a player should read an external file in order to get him ready to play, you should provide those instructions inside the game. In my case, for example, I've launched the game from the browser, I haven't downloaded the file, so I haven't the readme file on my PC.

Johnman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:02 AM »

Good game, good difficulty curve and fair graphics/sound. I'd only change the text font though, not having holes in letters makes it a bit difficult to read IMO. Anyway, I think something like this could work well on mobile platforms.

PS: At least the first link is broken, and the game needs a tutorial/explanation in-game.
RevCosmosis
Level 0

ok person extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 02:41:52 PM »

Alright, fixed the links. For some reason all of the urls had quotes around them.

I can understand not reading the readme in the case of "instant play", but if they download it

I'll add in a quick help menu to the main menu.

-EDIT: Went ahead and updated all of the versions with in-game help. Huzzah!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:10:30 PM by RevCosmosis » Logged

Musician, level/game designer, professional moper
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic