Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 06:54:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCancer Wars - Battle the inner zombie horde (Feedback)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cancer Wars - Battle the inner zombie horde (Feedback)  (Read 1282 times)
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:12:37 PM »

OMG! I've launched my first game using the Unity engine!

Check it out here...

http://CancerWarsGame.org

It's a bit on the chunky side so it may take a while to download (requires Unity Webplayer plugin - link will appear if you don't have it)!

Fixed So please be patient and retry if you get an empty or pink screen.

And let me know what you think of it?

Kind Regards

Arowx.com
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:07:34 AM by Arowx » Logged

lostmercenary
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »

The initial game play is entertaining. Its pretty fun to move around and shoot, and the enemies in the beginning were challenging but fun to go up against.

As the game progresses the loose movement is really hard to perform in tight spaces without bouncing all over the place. Either tighter controls or a more open level would be nice. The first two enemies work well in the beginning, but by level two I was ready to see something new. Also as I progressed I was never really rewarded as a player. At least in your demo, maybe allow the player to upgrade his blaster or reward him with some stat bonus.

Level two I had to backtrack quite a bit. A mini map would have been nice, or if you opened that level up instead of acting like one long snaking corridor.

Last thing. It would be nice to be able to know what create we are going to cure cancer from next. So far its very underplayed, and when I advanced to level two I wasn't sure if I was in the same creature or not. Some bigger indication of this switch would be cool.

Overall the game is a great start. Download times were pretty acceptable here.
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »

This looks promising. I had a real problem with the pace though.

I started with the worm level and after playing for a few minutes there was still a huge numbers of cells to kill and I just kind of got bored. For a shooter like this I kind of want the early levels to be a simple and short fun challenge while I get to grips with the game. I don't really want to spend 10-15 minutes doing the same thing over and over again. As I say I quite out before I even finished one level because it felt like the level outstayed its welcome.

Also the recharge on the laser seemed to slow for my tastes, again it turned what could have been quite a fun fast paced shooter into a very slow waiting game. Rather than being a test of my skill of me versus the enemies it felt more like a test of my patience.

P.S. Unity rocks! ^_^

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »

Improved the loading process and made things a little bit more interesting, hopefully you won't get bored with this one.

Still tricky to manouver but think high speed 'Drifing' or 'Skating on thin ice' and you should get the feel for it!

Redien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »

Hi,
First off I have to say the game looks very polished. Smiley

I found it a bit hard to get into however. The objective of the game wasn't really apparent to me when I started playing, a few lines explaining what I was supposed to do would have been nice. (The story paragraph at the start of the game didn't look to me like something I should have read so I didn't until I played it a second time. I guess I was distracted by all the different characters. Smiley) Also I didn't find the instructions at the bottom of the page until I had stopped playing, feels like they should have been in the game itself for me to notice them.

I also found the first levels a bit big, I never managed to get passed any of them.

Good luck with the game!

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »

@ Redien - Thank You, updated site to ensure you know the instruction are there, cheers!

New level 4 - Glee online.

Thanks for the feedback so far...

It's still evolving and adapting so all feedback welcome!

Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:51 AM »

v0.2 on the way going HD and evolving better gameplay...

Breaking News - CancerWarsGame.org registered with Cancer Research UK!

Next level unlock donation target set to £40 (or about $70)

Super Cute Frog or Fluffy Cute Mouse, you choose who to save next?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:16:35 AM by Arowx » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic