Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 03:11:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBomb Run!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bomb Run!  (Read 809 times)
bballer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »

GOAL
Beat the other player by running him over with your blocks or blowing him up with your bombs.

CONTROLS
Displayed on screen?

FEATURES
Temporary graphics
No sounds
Bugs
Default GM message windows

DOWNLOAD

What do you think of the concept?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:55:14 PM by bballer » Logged

iffi
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »

The bombing reminds me of the Bomberman games and Poptag (which I played and would have greatly enjoyed if it wasn't for the lag problems it suffered from when I played it), though neither of those have block-pushing mechanisms like this game does.

I do like the concept, though I think there should either be a way to get more bombs or more bombs to start with.
bballer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »

Thanks for playing and providing some feedback.

To resolve the bomb issue, I could always make the bombs unlimited, but only allow the player to place one bomb at a time. Or I could allow MW2 style perks at the player setup screen and one of the perks is extra bombs to start.

Also, I have an update on the movement engine. If you played the demo above, you realized that moving the blocks around has potential to create tight spaces on the board that the player can't get to.

Well I am working on that by allowing the player to shrink and contract to fit into tight spaces. Not only does this solve that problem, but it's actually quite fun.

Try it out for youself.

DOWNLOAD (Shrink and expand demo)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic