Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:01:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSuper Merio Rampage! (and it is not a typo)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Merio Rampage! (and it is not a typo)  (Read 1425 times)
lilo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:38:25 AM »

Hey buddies this is maybe the first game I finished.
Does anyone else ever thought of a 2D mario game with a LOT of enemies? I was always thinking of a mario game with many enemies and this game is basically like this. The rules are the same in the mario game, and you are going to handle a lot of everything, like enemies/shells/coins. Also a feature which enables player to trigger "bullet time" is also introduced, to help you to handle the levels.

Here is the game address:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/lilo/super-merio-rampage

Here is a screenshot for you to see what it is like.

How do you think about this game? I think I really need some feedback now. I made posts in some other places and seems nobody cares about it...
Please tell me your opinions, thanks!
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:23:59 AM »

Hello, the game is very interesting! But I think there's room to improve it. First, I don't know if you're left-handed, but I prefer to play this kind of games with arrows keys, and not with WASD. I dislike the colors you've chosen (particularly those of the main sprite). And I think Mario has not acceleration enough (when you begin to move him, he's slow, especially if you compare that with his speed after he has started to move). However, the game looks well-developed, congratulations!

chumez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »

but I prefer to play this kind of games with arrows keys, and not with WASD
like yajo said, it would be nice if you could play with arrow keys and space for jump or
if you could customize keys the way you want. The only thing that annoys me is that,
it's a bit sped up and Merio has frikin' large leaps of faith! Only objection
about bullet time ... music needs to slow down to! This creates a cool effect,
just like in Braid.

Other then that, it seems like a nice idea.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »

I must say, very faithful reproduction of the Mario mechanics. That's always a nice touch.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:21:29 AM »

Awesome and faithful!

hi
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 05:25:29 AM »

I agree that the controls need to be rearranged a little. I'd prefer to use the arrow keys for directions. But apart from that this is a neat little game. I thought it was okay during the first level, but once I got into the second level it got really fun. I'm definitely going to come back to this and play it more! :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic