Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:49:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMr. Destiny's Adventure
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Mr. Destiny's Adventure  (Read 6980 times)
MaloEspada
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »

if i understand correctly, the game 'auto plays'.
you just mash the buttons so that the game proceeds to the next frame, but you arent really controlling the character.

for example, the first death is always like that. and then it plays and dies at some goomba. if you keep mashing the buttons, the game will go through the same steps.
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »

It took me a second playthrough to get it, but once I did this became very awesome. It's a very limited idea, but I like it all the same.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 05:40:24 PM »

I originally was going to review this last year, but I got sidetracked with your Mario's Adventure title of yore.  Wink Now that it's in Flash I might take another stab at it.

Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »

confusing... I got 4150 as well...

tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »

Holy cow the boss battle at the end was so hard!  BTW the Bowser graphics look great!
 Shocked

tylersaurus.com | twitter | blog | wedrawcomics.com -- software engineer by day, comic book artist/game dev by night.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

Oh geez Facepalm
Curseman
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »

I love how every single comment on the newgrounds page has completely missed the point.
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »

I'm still wondering what is the point? an 'i'm-smarter-than-you' middle finger to game players? it feels a bit like that

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
Curseman
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 10:32:02 AM »

I guess it could be that, or it could one of those "art" games that tries to comment on the way video games only offer players an illusion of choice, or something like that.

I prefer to just look at it as a silly game designed to mess with players in a lighthearted way, sort of like "dungeon" by cactus and mr. podunkian.

The newgrounds posters seem to think it just has a weird bug or performance issue, but come on, Noyb even named him "Mr. Destiny."
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »

I think it's lighthearted as well, the subtlety just goes over the head of the average NG'er (wow that abbrevation is borderline offensive).

deathtotheweird
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »

I think it's lighthearted as well, the subtlety just goes over the head of the average NG'er (wow that abbrevation is borderline offensive).

haha.

Also thought the game was interesting. Cool you could reach more people by porting the game to flash. I guess that's one upside to the free TGF2 thing.
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »

Heh.

(4150. I'm tied for the high score!)

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 01:10:10 AM »

Hahaha, 4150 for me as well
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 02:03:50 AM »

Wow! Shocked 4150 as well. What an amazing coincidence! Maybe it's (wait for it) destiny  Durr...?

Truly this game is a work of art! A masterpiece! I cried a bit when I realised, through the character, the sad truth of my condition: that sooner or later I would die and that all I could do was to delay that eventuality. This game is an interactive "memento mori" - nay, an interactive "habius corpus", if not an interactive "status quo", "nota bene" or "futue te ipsum". I would even go as far as to say that it is gaming's equivalent of Romeo and Juliet, for like Romeo and Juliet death is a central theme, and Mister Destiny, like the eponymous protagonists of that great play, is ever doomed to arrive too early or too late - or rather not at all.

But like all great works it is not appreciated in its time. Alas, many poor fools fail to grasp beauty of this game's mechanics. Charlatans! Clearly they live in a world of shadows. Blind, mewling creatures rolling around in their own rancid filth, unable to raise themselves above their condition and understand the universal truth and glory that is Mister Destiny. I'm giving this game 5 stars out of a possible 3: it made me ejaculate a double rainbow  Hand Thumbs Up LeftKissHand Thumbs Up Right

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »

and this comes shortly after your blog post about why games should be fun first and artistic second! i'm glad this game has made you 180, does that mean we're finally going to get memory errors when you die in bugger!?
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 08:37:51 AM »

and this comes shortly after your blog post about why games should be fun first and artistic second! i'm glad this game has made you 180, does that mean we're finally going to get memory errors when you die in bugger!?
I've seen the error in my ways Embarrassed alas what a fool I was: I was blind but now I see the light!

I plan to not only make the game crash whenever you are killed by an enemy, but to irrevocably destroy the user's entire system and set fire to their study. The game will also be so hard that this eventuality is unavoidable: in a sense the resulting inferno in their apartment will stand as a metaphor for the human condition.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic