Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 08:44:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingheART: Beta Released
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: heART: Beta Released  (Read 6502 times)
3dpursuit
Level 0

My name is Ed, Freeware Dev.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 08:35:35 AM »

Strange. Twas made in GameMaker 8 and It's not supposed to show a loading bar... :\ downloaded wrong file? Try again maybe?

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »

Strange. Twas made in GameMaker 8 and It's not supposed to show a loading bar... :\ downloaded wrong file? Try again maybe?
Yeah, well I meant the little heART title.
Maybe you could upload a mirror somewhere? I tried downloading it again.
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »

I won't rehost It because I have so much to work on, and you might as well wait for the next demo which is gonna be pretty epic. Smiley It might be a little wait, but... It'll ne worth it.

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

Some sick updates. Dialogue boxes to fix that super un professional opening cutscene. The dialogue boxes are also found when you get a new achievement through leveling up, such as "DOUBLE JUMP" or when you find one of the secret events that are hidden throughout each area. Some screenshots.

Part of the reason the box is so big is due to some dialogues being huge others being smaller.

Varr
Level 0

Pixel Viking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »

This game looks very nice.  Love the style!  If you don't mind me asking, what font is used for the dialogue boxes?  It's tasty too.

Mainly a pixel artist. Check me out here: https://twitter.com/GuttyKreum
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »

You make a white "Terminal" font, then when the letters are in a pixel editor, you make the bottom pixel of all letters white+30 alpha of black, then the second to bottom pixel white+20 alpha of black (in GameMaker8 Sprite editor) Then you add  a black outline.

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

Looks good but I can't even download it, that 2shared site really sucks, I clicked on 5 different "download" links and all would just open new windows with adds and no download. Hope you can host it somewhere else...

DesTomate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »

I'll mirror for you in a second. It looks pretty good. You might want to make it so that the graphics in the foreground contrast more with the graphics in the background. I'll give it a try again when you get fullscreen working. Smiley

http://tomatopia.com/game/heARTv2.7z
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »

tried it... nice visuals.
didn't played it for long. tiny window. no fullscreen by pressing F4...

tips:
maybe slow down the controls a bit.
map should be closed by the same key that activated it.
neither Esc nor Alt+F4 closed the game.
(had to press ctrl+alt+del)

furthermore here are a few good hosts for you consideration
(it isn't necessary to download the software in order to use dropbox... you only have to create an account. just click on login in the upper right and you will be directed to a page where you can create an account)
http://www.pixelprospector.com/2010/02/free-file-hosting-for-your-games/

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 04:17:28 AM »

tried it... nice visuals.
didn't played it for long. tiny window. no fullscreen by pressing F4...

tips:
maybe slow down the controls a bit.
map should be closed by the same key that activated it.
neither Esc nor Alt+F4 closed the game.
(had to press ctrl+alt+del)

furthermore here are a few good hosts for you consideration
(it isn't necessary to download the software in order to use dropbox... you only have to create an account. just click on login in the upper right and you will be directed to a page where you can create an account)
http://www.pixelprospector.com/2010/02/free-file-hosting-for-your-games/

ah. Thanks. Yours little late somost of this had been taken care of.

1) full screen is changed in the options menu, not unprofessional f4. Fullscreen makes the game s 640x480 window, the graphics all doubled to fit the window (scaled up) so that solves small window problem

2) he moves at 1 px less a step then before (3) not. (4)

3) idk what I was thinking making the exit controls. ESC returns to menu unsaved, and you need to use a save point to save.

4) that does make sense. I'll make the menu close with the c key as well once I get on my computer.

THANKS!

3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:19 AM »

The Official Beta has been released. It has a hell of alot new features, more story, cutscenes, music, abilities, level up, check it out! I promise it's worth it. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?4lv09hw20218lus

3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

Suggestions?

Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 01:39:59 PM »

it looks pretty nice but I had no idea what I was doing, took me a while to realize how to get away from that beta message in the beginning, I hated that I had to close the game with CTRL-ALT-DELETE, and everything was a bit small so I couldnt tell if i was jumping on a fence, a spike, a creature or an item.

The art and atmosphere are really good though and the story seems cool.
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »

U can adjust the window size in options, but ice made the screen have large options. It also has quick f4 keys to adjust size. The beta message won't be there in the final version... You press esc while playing as the player but when ur on the main menu use the quit option.
I should probably make it so u can exit to the menu during cutscenes... Thanks for giving me that idea.

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »

Really liking the style, buddy. Does the game actually need the loading screens, or are they just in for effect? If the latter, then I'd suggest removing them. Nothing I hate more than loading screens.

Also, I wrote about this on a blog I recently started: http://wowyoulose.net/?p=35

Good luck with this, buddy. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic