Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 10:52:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWheelz 2.0 beta is on! Come play!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wheelz 2.0 beta is on! Come play!  (Read 852 times)
DavidL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:08:13 AM »

Greetings  Gentleman,

Wheelz got a new version: 2.0! Yay!

Wheelz is a physics-based platformer in which you control a fiery little buggy that must find his way through a world of challenges to progress to the next level.

Actually it's in beta right now, and I'm gathering feedback to improve the game in order to participate in the Indiepub contest. You can follow its progress and give feeback on its new website at www.WheelzTheGame.com.

What I tried to do with this version is to make the gameplay more accessible and more fun. The first version suffered from having a very steep difficulty curve and it drove many players away. I learned from that and made many changes to improve it like the highly enjoyable jetpack that allows you to fly over obstacles.

Here's a feedback I got that suggest I'm on the right path:
"Awesome man. Loved the first one!! Game play, art, difficulty, and level design have all been greatly improved. Keep it up Smiley"

That being said, I'm a one man team and Wheelz is my first project which means I've got a lot to learn in a lot of different fields. There's visual design, gameplay mechanics, user interfaces, game design, level design, web marketing, sound design, story writing, etc. If you see something off or missing or just plain wrong, comment here or with the feedback form on my site. Sometimes just a single sentence will hit the nail right on the head and make my brain go full throttle for all day trying to grasp all subtleties of a new angle. So go wild on the comments.

Wheelz is also an "episodic-web-game", be sure to come back often to find new exciting features and new levels.

Screenshots:
Old city

Mountains

Forest

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic