Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:51:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBee, A 2D Simulation Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bee, A 2D Simulation Game  (Read 2939 times)
boto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:18:38 AM »

Bee is an open-source 2D simulation game written in Java. The game is still under construction and not feature complete. But it is already playable. If you want to give it a try then visit the following site. You can play it also in your browser.

http://www.vr-fun.net

Here are some screenshots.

Jacob_
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »

Is there an objective I'm supposed to achieve? I couldn't find any instructions.

Might want to add a way to sting the enemies for defense.

Also, you will usually get more feedback if you introduce yourself.
boto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »

Hello Jacob_,

the objective of the game is simple: play the maps, improve your attributes in order to be able to play more difficult maps. Currently there are the first 3 maps, a total of 15 will be available with new kinds of enemies when the game is ready to officially release by november this year. You will need to unlock new maps (those above the first 3 maps) by pushing your hive rank.
Sorry, I forgot to mention what kind of feedback we need in my first post. We publish beta versions until november and hope to get feedback about the gameplay and platform specific issues. We have so far tested the game on Windows XP/7, Ubuntu, and MacOS. While running the game directly as jar file makes no trouble on tested platforms, running the game as applet in-browser may make problems on some OS, depending on the installed Java browser plugin.

You find more information about the project and developers on VRC site refered above.

Cheers
boto
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:39:24 AM by boto » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic