Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 12:20:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat to Expect in iOS Submission Process?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What to Expect in iOS Submission Process?  (Read 846 times)
ubik
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

I am almost finished with my first iOS game.

What should I expect from the submission process?  I have looked for documentation on this-- not so much the "no no's" list but a generalized list of the necessary procedures one has to go through to submit the game, receive payment, etc.

justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »

- Create an entry for your app in iTunes connect. You'll enter in your app details like description, keywords, screenshots, rating, icon etc. here. Fill out everything until your app's status is "prepare for upload." (You can do this at any point during development.)

- Once you're done with your game, like golden-master-done, you will want to create a Distribution Provisioning Profile in the developer center. Configure this, download it and install it like any other profile.

- Duplicate your "Release" build configuration and name it Distribution. In the build settings, change the profile to your newly installed distribution profile.

- Build. Make sure it's successful, then do Product->Archive.

- When that's done, your archive will pop up in the organizer. Select it, and click Validate. If there's something wrong, it will tell you. Fix and repeat. When it works, click on Distribute. Follow the prompts and it will upload.

- Wait for approval. I've had it take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks for an iOS app.

- For payment, in iTunes Connect you can also set up banking information which Apple will use to automatically wire your payments.

Twitter | Current Project: Heavy drinking
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »

Pay attention to the no-nos.  Or two weeks after submission, you'll get a "no-no" and you'll be kicking yourself for not buckling down and reading the massive guidelines doc.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
ubik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:55 AM »

Thank you so much for the good help.  Justin, that was exactly what I needed.

Evan:  Is the guidelines doc the long list of short items like "Do not use gui elements that are like ours or your app will be rejected.  Do not have something that links to a web store other than ours or your app will be rejected and your developer account canceled."  Things like that?  And about 200 of them?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic