Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 03:44:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHTML5 Earnings - Part Two
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HTML5 Earnings - Part Two  (Read 1073 times)
True Valhalla
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »

On my blog, Touch To Start, I'm writing a series about my experience and earnings using HTML5. This is part two, for my game "Picture Shifter".

Snippet:

While the development process for Picture Shifter was simpler and faster than it was for my sudoku game, many of the problems I encountered were similar (both games were created around the same time). It took several months to get set up with the publishers that I was trying to license my work to. Thankfully, as the market has evolved I’ve been able to establish a good relationship with many of the sponsors so the whole process is much faster for me now.

By the start of April, I had made a pitiful $12 from Picture Shifter. I was a little worried about how it would perform as I finalized the paperwork with several publishers, and started pitching the game to them.

Read about my HTML5 earnings for Picture Shifter

Questions and comments are welcome. I hope I'm not the only one that's impressed by a slider puzzle making so much Smiley
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:55:41 PM by True Valhalla » Logged
Nix
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »

I’ve chosen to price the book at $19.99 due to the value and scarcity of this information, and the potential payoff: consider that in one month I made over $2000 from my own HTML5 games!

And people should just take it on faith that what you have to say is valuable? How can I know that I'm not going to spend $20 for useless/obvious information? You said in response to a comment that people would get "caught up" on the fact that it's only 30 pages. That's not something that people will get "caught up" on. Your pricing is absurd and the "book" isn't even done yet? It's 30 pages! It seems incredibly silly to be taking preorders for an unfinished 30 page document. You seem to be basing this all on another e'Book' with a similar length and similar price. I think you should take a step back and look at what you're offering before expecting people to throw their money at you.
True Valhalla
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »

Thanks so much for derailing my topic after one post. That's really neat.
Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:16 PM »

Well, I think Nix just followed the linked you gave, you know. Not really derailing.

Didn't you want this link?

Liosan

True Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »

Well, I think Nix just followed the linked you gave, you know. Not really derailing.

Didn't you want this link?

Liosan

You're right. I copied the incorrect one. Fixed.

Well, Nix, if you want to discuss those things feel free to send me an email. I wasn't trying to sell my book with this post, and I apologize for accusing you of derailing the topic - that was my fault.

I welcome your opinion on the matter at hand though.
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 05:02:19 AM »

I'm actually really impressed with the amount of money you've earned from a picture swapping game! I think you've done a good job identifying a niche (HTML 5 games) where you can deliver something quickly and at low cost. As you get better at producing games with Game Maker and improve your Javascripting I'm sure you'll grow your earnings.

My site: Spotted Zebra
True Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

I'm actually really impressed with the amount of money you've earned from a picture swapping game! I think you've done a good job identifying a niche (HTML 5 games) where you can deliver something quickly and at low cost. As you get better at producing games with Game Maker and improve your Javascripting I'm sure you'll grow your earnings.

Absolutely, and I've been noticing an upwards trend. Some of my recent games have done exceptionally well given their simplicity...games that took me 30 hours to make in GameMaker Studio have made over $2500+ and to really push the limit I recently made a game in 9 hours to see how it would perform. So far, so good.

I think the key to making money online is to try everything. Eventually something clicks Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic