Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 10:11:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPixelProspector.com/indev - Promisingly Good Freeware Games In Development
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: PixelProspector.com/indev - Promisingly Good Freeware Games In Development  (Read 11128 times)
Tim James
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 09:00:19 PM »

Looks good. Appreciate you not making this a standard blog. However I don't like websites that are organized by a few loose categories and then you are stuck paging through 10 screens to browse around. Yikes, and I just noticed there is no way to sort them inside the category. Is there possibly a way to improve this for power users? Maybe one giant alphabetical list for each category that we can quickly scroll down?
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »

Beat Em Up (3)
Featured ( 8 )
News (1)
Other (10)
Platformer (65)
Shooter (14)

Shocked

You didn't notice the pattern back in the forum thread?   Wink

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »

Awesome, totally adding to my Google Reader! It looks really professional!
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 01:46:55 AM »

Like I said in the other thread, sweet bossoms!

I would like to voice the question raised several times within this thread - how is the content submitted? Say, news, prospective games and such.
Jayenkai
Level 1

Every Week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 03:33:38 AM »

Great work, Kaizen.

I think, with his awesome "Promisingly Good Freeware Games In Development" that Kaizen's been doing a bang-up-job of finding some really great freeware all over the web.  He seems to be taking this as his official online job, so I say just keep it up!
Shifting it all over onto a specific website makes it all that much nicer, and a bit more organised than a 30+page forum topic!

If you've got something in progress, just email him! It only takes a minute to do! (You could do with an email addy on there, though!)

I write AGameAWeek, and I've got over 350 games to prove it!!
---
Load, Next List
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

Really great site, dude! Thanks for featuring 3 of my titles Smiley This motivates me to finish them... And I plan on it!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »

update: added a "playable" tag to those games that feature at least a demo.

thanks for the ideas.

i was thinking about the "submit a game" topic.
i hope this will be used properly and not in a form like this:
hey add this or that game! wtf why havent you added this/my game? etc...

so i created a little page with my email adress to contact me.
lets see how it turns out...this is some kind of a test run.

if you have any ideas or thoughts on this topic please mention them.  Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »

One option; you could create a submit feature where users can fill in all the fields for a game then each game gets added to some sort of list for you to review prior to publishing.
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »

I like the way the site is so visual. It really makes the games more appealing. A simple list wouldn't be nearly as effective.

If I were to offer one suggestion, I might say that I'm not quite sold on the typography, but I'm not very well equipped to offer specific advice on improving it.

This seems like a very useful site, and quite a service to the community. Cheers!
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »

Neat, I like it!

Congratulations!

Working on HeliBrawl
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:22 PM »

Oooh, this is going to be great! I agree with Sparky, the emphasis on visuals really draws you to the games. Plus, it's a nice layout. I'm-a gonna be watching this site.

A suggestion, though. For, uh, The Future, when everything's going well with the site. I'd love to be able to get an account on the site with a Watch/Wish List - to remind me of what looks sweet, and (possibly) tell me when it's updated. Naturally, I don't get a damn thing abut web design, and for all I know this could be a huge ask.

But it would be cool.

Bravo on Pixel Prospector! Great name, too.

Beer!
MrChocolateBear
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 05:44:45 AM »

Very very awesome! Beer!

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 10:22:04 AM »

well...i want to improve the submit-a-game page and would appreciate your help and suggestions.  Smiley
(rule 1 was inspired by TIGSource Wink

http://www.pixelprospector.com/indev/submit-a-game/

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

It really does look nicely done, clean professional look to it all. Only complaint is that footer. It just looks unfinished, huge empty white box with a little bit of text on the right side.

I'm also not sure about having to offer another person's game when you submit your own, but i understand why you added that requisite.

Oh, and "If you are a developer and you want to submit your own game you have also to submit another noteworthy game that you didn’t made" should be "If you are a developer and you want to submit your own game you also have to submit another noteworthy game that you didn’t make" but that's just being nit-picky.

Great work anyway, bookmarked.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »

It really does look nicely done, clean professional look to it all. Only complaint is that footer. It just looks unfinished, huge empty white box with a little bit of text on the right side.
thats true...therefore i just reduced the footer until i come up with some better usage for that thing.

I'm also not sure about having to offer another person's game when you submit your own, but i understand why you added that requisite.
hm...well since i got plenty of submissions already from developers who only submit their own game for maybe advertising i have to come up with something like this.
i dont want to be the messenger who says that this or that project is not good you know.

i need some ideas here...and a submit-a-game page that provides a clear message.

Oh, and "If you are a developer and you want to submit your own game you have also to submit another noteworthy game that you didn’t made" should be "If you are a developer and you want to submit your own game you also have to submit another noteworthy game that you didn’t make" but that's just being nit-picky.
good to know. just corrected it.

Great work anyway, bookmarked.
thanks Smiley

mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »

Thanks for this! At least half of these games are new to me. Looks like I'm going to be busy trying these for awhile :D

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

today i added a little submit a game form.
i also removed the restriction stuff...
i think its better that way.

what do you think about it?

http://www.pixelprospector.com/indev/submit-a-game/

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »

2 site updates:

1.) removed the submit forms due to massive amount of spam bot mails.

2.) mipey just suggested today that it would be useful to have an option to see the almost completed games.

thanks to him i just i added a new full game tag which shows games that are either complete (but still in development) or games that can be almost considered as a full game.

http://www.pixelprospector.com/indev/tag/full-game/

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 01:32:08 AM »

Complete gameplay, at least.

Beer!
ChevyRay
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2009, 01:35:44 AM »

SPAAAAM.

Can't you get a captcha or something to at least reduce the spam coming in? Or is it not even worth it for how many submissions you're getting anyways?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic