Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411701 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 01:52:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCitizen Pain | First Person Action Prototype
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Author Topic: Citizen Pain | First Person Action Prototype  (Read 30975 times)
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2024, 12:32:05 PM »

Fight against a Soldier enemy. After a Heavy Attack, I do a back dash to avoid its attack and then perform a Lunge Attack. On its last attack, I perform a parry and a front stab to finish it.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2024, 11:54:36 AM »

Fighting a Skeleton enemy. If the Skeleton is some distance away it could perform a running attack. I blocked its attack and took advantage of its recovery animation to go behind it and do a back stab.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2024, 11:38:56 AM »

I continued to iterate the blockout, the level design is at a good point. I did the corridor leading to the boss room and finished the castle facade and other rooms. After almost a year of greyboxing, I can finally start the first art-pass.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2024, 12:16:28 PM »

Some enemies drop rare items when they are killed. The gems are used to unlock abilities. At the moment, the knight animations are still prototype, should be fixed at a later time.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: May 14, 2024, 12:36:57 PM »

I am starting the first (of probably many) art-pass, focusing on the level opening. Placed floor, sidewalk, buildings and some crates. The street pavement material, although I find it nice, I think I will change it to something more rocky blended with mud.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: May 15, 2024, 11:31:29 AM »

The possession ability is also useful when there are too many enemies; one strategy is to possess an enemy and use it as bait. I will have to work in being able to cancel the possessed enemy's attacks, at the moment the combos do not work as they should.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2024, 12:00:04 PM »

I am adding the art assets of the stairs leading to the square. I also iterated on the floor material, I did some vertex painting using a stone pavement, a soil mud and a mossy stone as materials. There is some repetition in the floor, which I will fix by placing some plants growing between the tiles, pieces of tiles coming out etc.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2024, 01:13:42 PM »

In certain areas, mobility is somewhat limited due to destructible objects in the way, which during combat can restrict the player’s movement. In these cases you can break these objects with an attack or dodge. Beware of remaining stamina, though, because blocking an enemy attack when your stamina is depleted leads you to be stunlocked and at the mercy of enemy attacks.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2024, 10:02:05 AM »

I’m focusing on the plaza, I added a fountain with a statue on top and some stairs. Also I am experimenting with various floor materials, I am trying some stone tiles with some displacement, I like the tesselation it creates. I would like to try soon some decals like ground and plants.

Maybe right now the floor is a little too defined compared to the rest, I’ll have to make the buildings and the props more defined otherwise it might clash with the style.

Games:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic